Assign Track number problem

Hi,
I've been using mp3tag since years but for basic command.
I try to be a super ninja on it.
So this is my question:

I got many folders to Add some Tracks and i would like to batch editing all of them, each folder have to start from 01 as you can see in the screenshot.
But when i do it, i always got problems with the order as you can see on the second screenshot i got some duplicates tracks.

Any ideas to avoid it?
it's happen on mac and pc.
Thanks guys

I am not the expert in this area, but I do a lot of track renumbering. Here are some issues I've had...

• Are you sure those are separate folders?

• Did you do all those folders at one time? If so, what happens if you just do one folder at a time, does it still happen?

By the way, I noticed one strange thing. My Wizard says (01, 02...) after Leading Zeros option. Yours doesn't. Wonder why?

mp3t

hi,
Thank you for you quick msg.

• Are you sure those are separate folders?

Yes as the second screenshot.
Global folder - > folder 1
- > folder 2

• Did you do all those folders at one time? If so, what happens if you just do one folder at a time, does it still happen?

One by one is work without problem but i had 40 folder per big folder so it's pretty long to do. (actually doing it like this)

By the way, I noticed one strange thing. My Wizard says (01, 02...) after Leading Zeros option. Yours doesn't. Wonder why?

it's look like mp3tag do it automatically on mac,

Does it work for you?
Thank you

I've moved this to #mac :slight_smile:

Are you sorting the files per folder in Mp3tag before applying the track numbering? They need to be sorted in sequence to make this feature work as expected.

You can do this by clicking on the respective column headers and by making sure the Path column is the last you click on.

Amazing ! it's works.
I was afraid to do it like it because i need it to sort it randomly(by size) but after click on path it's doesn't affect the random position.
it's happen to me on windows that's why i posted it here.
you saved me hours of click.

Idea : can you add a second choice to sort.
Example: Click on artist to sort 1
Shift + click on Size to sort 2
So it will be sort by a-z on artist and also size min to bigger.

I m using on other software is cool too if you want to know more about it can make a video.
Thanks

Mp3tag uses a stable sort, so if you sort by one criteria (e.g., Size) and then by a second criteria (e.g., Artist) it tries to make minimal changes to the previous order.

In your example, the artists would be sorted from A-Z but the files of each artist are sorted according to size.

1 Like

Ok yes,
That's why it works for my case.
Thank you :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like