AUTHOR URL FIELD

Hi All,

Very new to mp3 tag. Can anyone tell me how fill in the field "Author URL"?
The extended tag option will allow me to create it but it never fills in the required information.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

For example ...

Convert "Tag - Tag" ... or ... Action "Format value" Field ......: AUTHOR URL Formatstring: 'http://www.mp3tag.de/contact.html' ... or ... Extended Tags Field: AUTHOR URL Text : http://www.mp3tag.de/contact.html

Note: You are solely responsible for adding data into your media files.
For acquiring external data Mp3tag can help to a certain extent by applying a so called websource script, search the forum.
Search also for tagfield INVOLVEDPEOPLE.

DD.20151227.1119.CET

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit confused by your answer so I'll break down my problem a bit more.

I have a number of mp3 files that have something written in the "Author URL" field.

I would like to remove/replace the content of this field simultaneously.
I have managed to do this with other fields using the extended tag option but Mp3tag does not seem to recognise the "Author URL" field.

Please let me know if this is possible and if so, could you break down the answer.

Also, I was previously "Blanking" all content in the "Comments" field. Mp3tag has now seemed to stop recognising this! It will allow me to select "Blank" for the "Comments" field but does not actually change the content.

Any idea what the reason for this could be?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit confused by your answer so I'll break down my problem a bit more.

I have a number of mp3 files that have something written in the "Author URL" field.

I would like to remove/replace the content of this field simultaneously.
I have managed to do this with other fields using the extended tag option but Mp3tag does not seem to recognise the "Author URL" field.

Please let me know if this is possible and if so, could you break down the answer.

Also, I was previously "Blanking" all content in the "Comments" field. Mp3tag has now seemed to stop recognising this! It will allow me to select "Blank" for the "Comments" field but does not actually change the content.

Any idea what the reason for this could be?

Thanks

If you want to share a small example file, then load it up onto some free file hoster.

Note: A completely "blanked" tag-field does not exist any longer, check this in "Extended Tags" view.

Make sure, that you read/write/remove the same tag-type.
Check Mp3tag/Extras/Options/Tags/Mpeg
Read: ID3v1, ID3v2
Write: ID3v2.4 UTF-8 ... or ... ID3v2.3 UTF-16
Remove: ID3v1, ID3v2, APE

DD.20151229.2121.CET

Hi, Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I am no closer to solving this problem.
I have attached a screen shot of the extended tags i want to change.

As you can see, "Author URL" is one of them. All the other fields will change in the mp3 files properties except for the "Author URL"

I am able to change "Author URL" manually in the properties but i have multiple files to work on so i would like to do them all at once. I have checked out the other options you suggested and they are all correct.

If you are able to write a step by step guide that would be most helpful.

Thanks again for your time!

What do you mean by

You can change a field for several files, using the Extended Tags dialogue.
Select the files.
Press Alt-T to open the extended tags dialogue.
Select an existing field "Author URL" or create a new one and edit it.
Closing the Extended tags dialogue with OK will write the changes to the selected files.

Short answer: use WWWARTIST in the Extended Tags dialogue, not AUTHOR URL, and %wwwartist% when creating an entry in the tag panel or a column header.

Explanation:
This situation arises when different applications call an ID3 frame by different internal names.
The ID3 frame names are short and cryptic and that is why applications use an internal name that is sensible and readable instead of the name specified in the ID3 standard.
ID3v2.3 informal standard: http://id3.org/d3v2.3.0

In this case, the tag frame (or field; the terms are interchangeable) is named "AuthorURL" in Windows Explorer and "WWWArtist" in Mp3tag, but both applications are reading and writing the ID3 WOAR frame.
The bottom line is this:
If you want to use Mp3tag to read or write the "Author URL" detail in WE, you must call it "WWWArtist" in Mp3tag.

You can demonstrate this yourself:

• -choose a test file that does not have the "Author URL" detail
  • -in Windows Explorer, edit the "Author URL" detail by writing any text string
  • -load the file into Mp3tag
  • -in the Extended Tags dialogue, observe that the string appears beside WWWARTIST
This and other tag field mappings are shown here: http://help.mp3tag.de/main_tags.html

After you get that working, you might want to investigate user-defined mappings: http://help.mp3tag.de/main_mapping.html
For example:
By creating the following mapping, the item in the Extended Tags dialogue will be "AUTHOR_URL" which more closely resembles "Author URL" as seen in WE.

Go to Options > Tags > Mapping
Tag: ID3v2
Source: WWWArtist
Target: Author_URL

I recommend avoiding spaces in the target name but you can use some other words.
When the mapping is used, you use the target name as the placeholder in format strings (eg. %author_url%)