Automatically embed album art in tags?


#1

Hi

I have .jpg album art in every album folder. How do I make MP3tag recursively go through all the album folders automatically adding the .jpg album art as a tag in every mp3 in the same folder as the .jpg?

W


#2

You can use an action

Action type: Import cover from file
Format string for image filename: folder.jpg


#3

I have used this feature on my 4000+ library. 99% work fine but some tracks say "File........ cannot be opened for writing" This can occur on some tracks in an album & not others, even though I can write/update other tags (title/album etc) on every track. I use XPP to run MP3tag with the files stored on a Samba/Linux box, but I don't think it's a file permission issue.


#4

Does it work, if you add the same cover on the same song manually?


#5

I a word - no!

I even tried adding different .jpg's to no avail. It seems that you can edit the existing tags but not add art. Could it be a corrupt tag?


#6

You could try to manually remove such a "corrupt" tag with CTRL-R. Maybe, after deleting the tag, you can add the cover?

I just made a test: If I try it with CTRL-R the tag for the marked song will be deleted immediately (including a cover). The cover will not be restored with CTRL-Z!


#7

Tried to remove the tag but MP3Tag fell over with this error:

=======================================================================
=========
Mp3tag v2.39 - 28.08.2007 - 20:25:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OS-Version: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: Jul 28 2007 13:40:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AppPath:  203.619.471.360 Bytes frei (C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\)
DataPath: 203.619.471.360 Bytes frei (C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\)
TempPath: 203.619.471.360 Bytes frei (C:\DOCUME~1\Brian\LOCALS~1\Temp\Mp3tag v2.39\)
================================================================================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THROW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File:		.\tagprocessorid3v2.cpp
Line:		100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THROW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File:		.\smp3file2.cpp
Line:		1282
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THROW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File:		.\saudiofile.cpp
Line:		387
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THROW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File:		.\mttagengine.cpp
Line:		62
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CATCH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File:		.\mtmainframethreads.cpp
Line:		241
================================================================================

#8

Interesting. Can you please send me this file via email?

Kind regards,
Florian


#9

Well; with the benefit of some sleep and another day............

It would seem that the file itself had some issues. However the simple action of copying the file somewhere else & then copying it back to the original location solved the problem
So I don't know what was going on there.

I think I'll give up IT and take up gardening (lol)

Thanks for your interest/help anyway. Job done.


#10

I have found the same problem. I have 5500 albums and renamed all of my art to folder.jpg so as to re-tag with embeded art. About a third of the way through I began getting the same message as Arcsyst. It increased to the point that every other album was only getting some of the songs tagged with the new art (as I repeatedly pressed Okay.)

I stopped the process 3 different times and selected the songs without covers and repeated. I noticed the the very same songs each time were not able to be written to. I use Media Monkey and went to that to double check if there appeared to be issues with those files. Everything seemed to be okay with the tags and the playability of the songs.

After I searched the forum and found this post, I wondered if Arcsyst's hint might work. I then took my music collection and broke it up and moved it into 6 different new folders. I then repeated the tagging process on each of the new folders and got no further errors.

Some kind of glitch...but otherwise what a fantastic program!