autonumbering issue/request

I have two numbering related issues.

I just upgraded (2 weeks ago) from 2.16 to 2.17 and it seems that the "tag -> filename" converter now uses the literal tracknumber, rather than a two digit number.

For example:

1 song1 artist -> 1-song1-artist.mp3 in version 2.17, but in 2.16 it would have been 01-song1-artist.mp3 if I had 2 digit numbering turned on (with a leading 0)

This means that I have to renumber before I rename - an extra un-needed step in my opinion.

Here's number two; a feature request.
Is it possible to make the autonumbering wizard a little smarter? For example, if my numbers are single digit, my track listing looks like this

1 song1
10 song 10
11 song11
12 song12
2 song2
3 song3
etc...

As far as I know, I have to manually renumber the songs before I rename them.
Am I doing something wrong?

This matters to me because the CD-MP3 player in my truck plays in alphanumeric order, so all my tracks need a 2 digit number.

Thanks for a 99.99% wonderful program!

Tackett

Tackett,

simply use the internal function $num to add leding zeros when generating filenames from the tag. A valid formatstring would look like
$num("%track%",2) - %title%.

You can sort your files by the existing tracknumber via View, Sort by, Track and apply the Auto-numbering wizard on the sorted files.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Sorry, it was late and I don' think I was being clear.

I had just edited some tags that were tagged incorrectly when ripped. In fact, there were no tags, just a filename.

They looked like this:
1-song1-artist.mp3
10-song10-artist.mp3
11-song11-artist.mp3
17-song17-artist.mp3
2-song2-artist.mp3
9-song9-artist.mp3

I couldn't find a way to autorenumber them. If I sorted by filename, they ordered like 1,10,11,12,13...19,2,3,4...9 - so I had to insert track number tags by hand, then sort, then renumber, then add filename, then rename.

Again, I think this is a great product, and it's saved me hours and hours of retagging time. I want to make sure my first comment didn'y sound like a complaint or that I didn't like the software.

Thanks again,
Tackett

Tackett,

you can sort the files manually via drag'n'drop with the mouse by holding the [Alt]-key pressed. After that you can apply the tracknumbering wizard.

Best regards,
~ Florian

P.S.: Thanks for your nice feedback! I'm glad that you like Mp3tag :slight_smile:

Woooooo!!!!

Thanks Florin.
I had tried dragging them, bu without the [alt] key.

Amazing support, by the way.

Tackett