batch copy paste tags

I am needing batch process.

copy and paste tags from songs in one folder to another.

source/song1.m4a
source/song2.m4a
source/song3.m4a

destination/song1.m4a
destination/song2.m4a
destination/song3.m4a

Thanks,
Raj

Open the source directory
Add the destination directory (hold CTRL if done from context menu)
Select the source files
Ctrl+C
Select the destination files
Ctrl+V

I subscribed to this thread, because I wanted to find out why there is an EXPORT option without a corresponding IMPORT option. Even if there were, my method is better since the entire tag is copied. It's also faster. It also works if the source and destination files are of different types.

I'm curious. Why not just copy the entire .M4A file to the destination directory? That's the only way I see doing it with a batch file.

COPY %source%*.m4a %destination%

Therte are 2 ways to get information from text files:
Convert>Text file - tag

or the action
"Import text file" (http://help.mp3tag.de/options_format.html#textfile).

To copy tags from one file to another existing file, use the function of the file list context menu "Copy tag" and "Paste tag". This copies (all) tags from one file to another, regardless of the format.
If number of files and order of files match between source and target, you can do it even for more than one file at a time, possibly all of them in one go.

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are just shortcuts for "Copy tag" and "Paste tag" to make it clear we are talking about the same thing. Tags can be pasted one to many also. I had song in four different file types. MP3, WAV, M4A and FLAC and copied from MP3 to the others. All of the fields that were file specific were untouched as they should be.

I found a simple and efficient method for my case.

1. open mp3tag, import files (read tags) from source

source/song1.m4a
source/song2.m4a
source/song3.m4a

1. while the mp3tag session is still open. in the background, replace the source folder with destination folder.

move
source/song1.m4a
source/song2.m4a
source/song3.m4a
to
source1/song1.m4a
source1/song2.m4a
source1/song3.m4a

move
destination/song1.m4a
destination/song2.m4a
destination/song3.m4a
to
source/song1.m4a
source/song2.m4a
source/song3.m4a

1. back to mp3tag. hit save. All tags and artwork is saved to new files, as long as the folders, subfolders and filenames matches the source. BINGO

If it is for just 2-3 files, I would have used copy n paste. But I am replacing 100s files scattered in 10s for folders. This method works like a charm.

I was considering export and import tags. But it is foolproof, meaning I had to make sure all non-empty tags are exported, in the first place.

If it can be taken as a feature request to provide a method to export all non-empty tags to csv, it will be beneficial.