Batch remove comments from selected files

One of the awesome things about Mp3tag is the ability to select large numbers of files and run actions on them. I came across something else I'd like to do along these lines, but I don't know if it's possible.

I have a large number of files that have Comment fields filled with relevant info, but many others that are filled with crap (think iTunes HEX garbage 0//0003454, etc.).

If I select all my files, in the tag panel on the left, I can hit the drop-down on "Comment" and see all the different comments in all the files in a list. What I would like to do is be able to select the comment I want to remove and have only those files show. I know this can be done with the filter, but that would mean copying and pasting every comment into the filter field. For thousands of files, this would be cumbersome and time-consuming. Not only for getting the info into the filter field but also because MP3tag understandably takes some time to refresh the full file list each time.

If there isn't any way to do this, maybe a way to export the list of comments so I could copy and paste them into the filter field from a text file, instead of having to go back to the full list every time to see all the comments?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

All the itunes Hex comments probably have a similar structure so you should be able to match them with a regex filter.

For example this maatches all comments with at least 7 consecutive digits:

comment MATCHES "\d{7,}"

If you provide more info about the comments the pattern can be tweaked.

Thanks - I was thinking I could do something like that with expressions for the comments that actually had patterns. The problem is, there are a lot with random garbage too.

I got it... I was going about it the wrong way. I just added a column for "%comment%" in the main window and now I can see all the comments and can select the ones I want to trash in bulk.