Boolean custom tag

Hi there.

I have been trying to get a boolean yes/no custom tag in and am unsuccesful. I saw the support topic for Mac, but the option for "type" does not appear on my windows version, am I correct?

Thank you!
Steven

I do not think that the absence of

is the problem but that most fields feature real text.
One of the few fields that I can think of that behaves in a true/false way is Compilation

As the new options allow to define value lists, you could add the 2 values "yes" and "no" with the Manage ... function and set that these are to be preferred.

But as you say: it would be a

probably not read by a lot of players.

Thank you. It is not odd that this option is unavailable for windows, as I saw it in the Mac version.

Anyway, indeed, not read by a lot of players, but I am fiddling with it to get it to work in Roon and this came up. Thanks

AFAIK there are only the itunes fields
COMPILATION
ITUNESGAPLESS
ITUNESHDVIDEO
and they all behave in the same way: set the value to 1 so that the field present at all or delete the field altogether.
Os I would say that there are no real boolean fields. The windows version looks like it is closer to the implementation of the ID3 standard.
But I see what you mean.
You would have to create a tag panel field with a list of user-defined values to make it behave like an on/off field.