BPM no longer works

I upgraded to v2.43 a few months ago. Since then, the BPM field is not showing new data, but it does show previously logged information.

I don't know which version I had been using, it was at least a year old. I use MixMeister to fill the BPM field and it worked until the upgrade.

It has been a few months, but if I recall correctly, I had to add the BPM column again because it is not a default column. I think I added the column incorrectly, even though it does show some data. It just doesn't show numbers that were recently added. It is also possible that I am stripping off (or never adding) the field when I save a record because I may be using the wrong ID3 format.

The name of my column is BPM, the value is %bpm%. The FIELD and SORT BY columns are empty, but it seems to make no difference when I add %bpm% as a value.

Right now, I am reading and writing ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2 and ID3v2.4 UTF-8 and not removing any formats.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer!

I recommend not to use ID3v2 and APEv2 on mp3s at the same time. Do you have a reason for it?

If you make tag changes with other programs, they will probably only update the ID3v2 tag and Mp3tag will not show you the changes because it displays only the APE tag with your current settings.
If you remove [ ] APE from Options > Tags > Mpeg: Read
you should see the changes.

Thank you, that is what I needed. I did not have a reason to use both tags. I did not know what I was doing.