Breaking Title Field Text into Parts

I've searched through the forums and haven't seen an answer to my particular question. However, if I've missed an obvious solution, someone please point me in the right direction.

Whenever I import tag data from Amazon or freedb for a compilation album by various artists, most of the time, the artist and song title are squeezed together into the Title field separated by a hyphen (-) or a slash (/), while the Artist field is filled with "Various Artists" or something like that. In other words, the Title and Artist fields look something like this...

TITLE
The Beatles - Let It Be

(or)

The Beatles / Let It Be

ARTIST
Various Artists

Is there a way, through either menu commands or writing an action, to make MP3Tag recognize the hyphen (-) or slash (/) in the title field and "break" the text in the title field into two parts... sending the part before the hyphen or slash to the Artist field and keeping the part after the hyphen or slash in the Title field (and also remove the extra spaces that will result)? In other words, so the result will look something like this...

TITLE
Let It Be

ARTIST
The Beatles

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

The action:
/t/6948/1

You can also use the "Utils" button (bottom left) in the tag sources window to adjust it before importing:
http://help.mp3tag.de/main_freedbconfirm.html

Great! Thanks for the help!!