Browse for folder to have text input

Could the Browse for Folder dialog please have a text control that allows the user to type/paste the path? I have folders with hundreds of subfolders, and having to browse the tree for the one I want is much slower.

(Current workaround: type/paste into Explorer address bar, drag n drop from folders pane to Mp3tag. Holding SHIFT for Add.)

Vote + 1

My "workaround" is FlashFolder.
FlashFolder extends the file-related common dialogs (e.g. open/save dialog) seen in most Windows programs. A small toolbar docks onto these dialogs that provides menus for quick access to recently-used folders, favorite folders and more.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/flashfolder/files/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/flashfolde...81.msi/download

DD.20090801.1318.CEST

You can paste the path in the directory field in the tag panel.

How does that help?

Nice trick, seems to work!
But who had thougt of this trick at a dialog place I almost never use to go.
... so the functionality is built in, now put it at the right place in the near of the main file/folder menu.

DD.20090801.1823.CEST

Nice trick, seems to work!

So it does.

But why on earth is a directory load control located in the tag panel??

EDIT: Esp. since the tag panel is for editing properties, and the reasonable expectation of the user is that editing the directory path will edit the directory path of the current tracks, not load the tracks at the entered path.

It's legacy and many users rely on that feature. If you don't like it, just disable it at Options > Tag Panel.

FYI, the Windows Vista and Windows 7 directory picker has text input -- also in Mp3tag :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Florian

It's legacy and many users rely on that feature.

Fiar enough.

If you don't like it, just disable it at Options > Tag Panel.

What I don't like is its non-standard behaviour and disabling doesn't fix that.

FYI, the Windows Vista and Windows 7 directory picker has text input -- also in Mp3tag :slight_smile:

I hope MS are playing a royalty on your patent! :slight_smile: