I am a newbie to this forum and have a serious issue with my MP3 files not playing any longer. I now get the dreaded error: C00D11B1 from Windows Media Player.
All other media players: MediaMonkey, WinAmp refuse to play the files.
These files used to play until I bought a new Windows Vista Ultimate PC last year. I now run Windows 7 Ultimate hoping for a fix but the problem persists.
I have a feeling it might be due to some ID3 Tag updates I performed using Mp3Tag/MediaMonkey last year when I upgraded my PC but as I have a fairly robust collection, it is nigh on impossible to track down whodunnit at this stage
I have tried everything: rename/remove tags, installed XP 32-bit in a VMWARE environment & used WMP, MediaMonkey, WinAmp, etc but no joy.
Interestingly VLC plays a video file, yes a video file, the same video file, long deleted from my PC, whenever I open the files.
Emailed the files to a mate running XP, it displays as this dreaded video on his PC!
It has affected hundreds of my MP3s and I only find out whenever I want to listen to something.
Below is my configuration and I would be happy to supply a sample of the MP3 file if I could attach more than 200kb as a typical file is 3 MB.
Thanks & hoping someone can help!
MP3 Tag Editor: Mp3tag v2.46a
Media Players: WinAmp v5.572 / MediaMonkey v22.214.171.1243 / Windows Media Player 12.0.7600.16415
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit / Windows XP 32-Bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Codecs: K-Lite Codec Pack, Matroska Codec Pack, DivX Codecs, CCCP