Can Change Drop Down Menus?

ok here is what i want to see if i can do with this great program....

On the left imput fields where u have the title: artist: album: year: ect .....
i was wondering if i can change the drop down options with one of my own....

EXAMPLE: for the the drop down menu comment u get the following....

Comment:

Dj Tavo <--- this is what i want to add so that i dont have to be typing my name every time i open the program

thanks for ur time and help

On the left imput fields where u have the title: artist: album: year: ect .....
i was wondering if i can change the drop down options with one of my own....

You can change Genres in e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\genres.ini but I don't know any way of changing e.g. Comment.

You can make actions "Format value" that fill the tag field. In the beta version they appear as drop down list.
There's also Options > Tag Panel > Default values

actions "Format value" that fill the tag field. In the beta version they appear as drop down list.

Where, please?

There's also Options > Tag Panel > Default values

Though (strangely) only for multiple selections, I think.

The correct and future-proof way of defining own genres is via Options > Genres.

Thanks. By the way, my genres list recently got replaced by a single entry, "Flop". Was this due to an update, by any chance?

Yes, this is the content of a genres.ini on a fresh install though an existing genres.ini won't be overwritten by the installer.

Thanks - I can't see how I can have suffered that on a fresh install for testing... since all my actions and columns.inis are intact. Oh well.

By the way, I think the previous (ID3 standard?) default Genre list was much more useful than "Flop"!!

The default genres are still available unless you've enabled the Show only user defined genres option at Options > Genres.

You need no restart the the application for this setting to take effect.

Ah, it was the restart that got me. I think an advice dialog is in order!

Now the standard genres are back - thanks!

So... what's "Flop", then?

I'm looking for same drop down feature. I request you for two features.

1. I'm tagging my Hindi music collections and we have few popular artists. I want mp3tag to have those artists to add them automatically to artists database (locally) so that second time if I enter same artist the drop down box prompts me that 'artist' I have entered once. That will prevent me from typing same artist again and again. Alternatively, We can have this feature in similar manner like we add our own genera, we can add our own artists/Lable/Composer/lyricist etc manually. I have used this feature in jodix free rm to mp3 converter. So, I believe this could be possible.

2. this is a repeat request posted somewhere else in this forum, multiple artists/multiple genera tagging. When we use Winamp media library etc. they do not read these multiple artists differently tagged in any manner where artists or genera are separated by ; , | / etc. Idea of suggesting \\ works but that makes any entries beyond \\ unreadable by media library

regards

1. this is a repeat request posted somewhere else in this forum,
    multiple artists/multiple genera tagging.

I would like that too - compliant with MP3 standards, which specify / or null as the separator.

Meanwhile you might like to know that Media Monkey has this deature, but unfortunatly separating with ; so not MP3 standards compliant.