Can I make a column for "Album art aspect ratio"?

Hi Everyone,

I hope no one minds me asking for help with this rather than struggling through and figuring it out myself, but I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a yes or no whether what I need might be possible and I can go from there.

Basically I have a Nokia phone that doesn't like non-square album art in id3 tags. The phone locks up and gets upset. Most of my mp3s are fine, but some aren't.

I'd like to make a column in MP3tag that shows the aspect ratio of the album art. Then I can quickly see which of my files have a non-1 aspect ratio and I can fix them.

Do you think that's possible?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I noticed that the latest version of this wonderful program has a new aspect ratio option. It reminded me that I still haven't solved the above problem, so I thought I'd bump this original forum post.

Does anyone know how to do this yet? Thanks! Apologies for the bump (but it's been over a year so I guess it's okay!) :wink:

This is still not possible but I'll put it on my internal wish list.

Kind regards,
Florian

Hi,

If you are familiar with scripting you could use something like getID3 (for PHP) to extract the dimensions from the files and write it to a tag or use mp3tag to extract the images to external files and use IrfanView to write the information to a file via the "/info=txtfile" command line option.

Daz

@Florian: Thank you!

@Daz: I could probably figure it out eventually, but it's too time consuming for now. Curse my day-job! :wink: