can I save a file list?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so please be gentle :smiley:

Can I save the tag data for a folder or folder tree so that MP3tag doesn't have to scan the folder(s) every time? Scanning thousands of files takes quite awhile when I only want to find one file.

sorry if this is a dumb question... I haven't been able to find the answer on my own

thanks
NovaGuy

There's no such feature.

But why don't you use for example the explorer to find your file and then start Mp3tag via context menu.
The latest beta also supports loading single files.

Thanks Dano,

I don't want to edit the tags, I just want to use MP3tag (in this situation) for filtering, sorting and creating a playlist. I thought that the program would have the ability to save all the files for a fast load of the data then use the refresh to pick up changes... oh well :flushed:

WinExplorer wouldn't work as I want to search and sort on the tag contents.. usually some sub-string of TITLE.

NovaGuy

First post too, I know it's an old topic, still.. a reason I would want to save a scan: after rescuing a large failed HDD you'll end up with lots of folders like $$$Folder8585217. MP3Tag will hopefully restore the folder strucure for tagged files but scanning takes several hours and has to be redone each time you close the program..

I can't think of any other way to do it: the tags could have been changed by other programs, files could have been removed or moved to other folders - so MP3tag would have to check every file it finds.
It may go a little quicker if you switch on the library as then only those files will be read that have a different modification date from the ones in the library. for the others the data from the library will be taken.
See Tools>Options>Library for the library feature.