Can someone write a really simple action for me please?

All of my mp3 files are named as such:

1. Smells Like Teen Spirit
  2. In Bloom

etc.

I used the code I found here:

http://liquidparallax.com/files/actions/Ti...nversion%29.mta

..to edit all my title cases. It works great, but for one problem: it changes some of my filenames to lowercase when they should be upper. For example:

1. in Bloom

Now I understand that the word 'in' is being targeted but I have no idea how to prevent that from happening. Any help would be much appreciated.

You can try this:

Thanks for the reply newser. Unfortunately, that method didn't work. The first letter following the '02. ' remains in lower case :unsure:

Basically, what I need is an action that capitalizes the first letter of the first word in each filename but leaves each subsequent word in the filename as is.

So that.. (for example)

1. in the Court of the Crimson King

becomes..

1. In the Court of the Crimson King

I'm sure this is pretty easy but I have very little to zero understanding of the language these actions use.

Is 01. in the Court of the Crimson King the filename or the title-tag?
Includes title-tag the track-number?

It's the filename.

All other tags (including titles) are now perfect but the action I used to achieve that has made the first letter of certain filenames lowercase. Any file that begins with 'In', 'The' etc.

What I need is a second action that I can now run that targets the first letter of each filename, capitalizes it, and leaves everything else in the filename as is.

I hope that's possible.

Ok, then you musst format the filename with the tags.

Thanks, that worked pretty nicely :slight_smile:

It seems to have added an extra period though, so the filename now looks like:

01.. In the Court of the Crimson King

hm, have you a dot in the track-tag?
If so, then you only have to remove the dot in this part:

I removed the dot from the action and it now works perfectly. Many thanks newser, much appreciated! :slight_smile: