Cannot write tags to 48 kHZ OGG files

Hi,

I am using Mp3tag v3.36.1 for Windows. I have converted some 192 kHz WAV files I purchased from HD tracks with FFmpeg 9.0.2 to 48 kHz .OGG files. I wanted to add tags and a cover to the files, but I get the following error message:

"Cannot write file filename.ogg. Do you want to retry? Yes / No."

Clicking "Yes" yields the same error message.

However, if the .OGG file is at 44.1 kHz it works perfectly fine.

Thank you for resolving my issue.

As ogg files are basically supported, it would be worthwhile to check the newly generated files for consistency first, see e.g. here:

Thank you very much. I read the various threads. It appears that there was some data attached to the .ogg file. I opened one in Audacity 3.7.8 and saved again as .ogg with 48 kHz. After this all is fine. I will create a macro for batch converting my files.