Can't access Linux Vortexbox server from Win10 anymore

Hi. I just updated Mp3tag to v2.92 and then 2.93 and I wish I hadn't. Before, and I don't know which version I was running, I had no problem opening \\VORTEXBOX\files\music\ and I used Mp3tag to tag and copy high resolution FLAC files from my PC to my Vortexbox music server. Now, I can't open that server directory at all from within Mp3tag (or any other way, it seems). Maybe this is a Windows 10 or security problem that just popped up, I don't know. I can see the music server in File Explorer under media servers, but (I think) that just lets me see the read-only part of the Linux-based computer that I am trying to access, not the read/write portion that I need to access. I have used Mp3tag to manage this server for about a decade, and now I don't know what to do. I'm not a network or Linux person. I'm also running an old version of the Vortexbox software and I do plan to upgrade that, I'm just very busy and also not in great health. Thoughts? Thanks.

Can you open the very same folder \\VORTEXBOX\files\music\ 1 in Windows Explorer by pasting this path to the address bar?

1 I've enclosed the path in backticks ` here, which renders it as preformatted text and shows all backslashes.

Hmm, no, I can't. However, I can access the folder directly or via Mp3tag by using the IP address as the address, as in '\192.168.1.98'. I think this must be a Windows problem, not an Mp3tag problem, so my apologies. I just never had trouble before, but looking at the Vortexbox wiki, there is a note that Windows sometimes takes days to find the server on the network. I used to keep my computers on a lot, but now I do all of my music work on an old laptop that I don't turn on every day, so this could be the problem. Thanks for your patience with me. J

To be clear, by accessing "directly" I meant using the Windows run command line, Windows symbol + R, then entering the IP address as "\192.168.1.98" or backslash backslash and then the IP address.

It really sounds like a Windows networking issue to me and not so much something related to Mp3tag.

It might have occurred at the same time when you've updated to v2.93, but it's not something that is caused by the new version.

Yes, I agree completely. I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion. Thanks again for your patience with me.