CAN't delete DISCNUMBER tag on some files

Hi,

I have some mp3 and i want to delete the discnumber value, but i cannot do it. I've tried with extended tags, one by one, trying also to remove duplicate TAGS, but the tag don't disappear and value always is there.

Even I've delete the tags with other programs, but when i read again with mp3tag, the tag is included.

The only way to remove it is deleting all the tags and then tag the tracks again.

Could any one help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Please show us a dump of the settings in Tools>Options>Tags>Mpeg and a dump of the extended tags dialogue of a single file with discnumber.

imagen
Here You have

Try it with:
Tools>Options>Tags>Mpeg and set the "Delete" Option to only APE.
Then load the file again and try Edit>Remove tag.
If the DISCNUMBER is still there, go to the Extended tags dialogue and delete the field there and see if it works.
If all this fails: check the file for consistency with MP3diags.

Done, but the problem is the same. Here you have what mp3diags say (sorry but is the first time that i've used it, and im not sure what this info means.

Sorry, but it works! So the problem is that they have invalid APE tags....
Maybe you can include aa warning or option to delete this tags in a future version, hehehe.

Thank you so much for your help!

Also some ID3v1 issues. If you are saving ID3v2 tags, then I suggest you remove the v1 tags to clear these issues as well.

I wouldn't say that they are invalid - with the shown settings you simply never updated them.