Can't figure out how to batch replace special characters

First post so I'm sorry if any of this is improper. I'll preface this by saying that while I did search through support, I could have missed something so feel free to point it out.

For normal MP3s, the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag works just fine for lyrics. However, with my FLAC albums, no music player on my Android phone recognizes them at all. They all simply state that there are no embedded lyrics. Okay, easy enough, I converted them all to the LYRICS tag and it detected them just fine. However, all of my UNSYNCEDLYRICS have "eng||" at the beginning of them. I was told that this was necessary for it to know what language and symbols to use, so I always added it whenever I added a new UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag. And for that tag, it's fine, and doesn't display "eng||" when viewing the lyrics. But for LYRICS, every single song's lyrics now display "eng||" at the beginning.

I've learned how to create an action group to remove characters, and it works well enough for removing "eng". However, no matter what I've tried, I cannot get it to remove "||" at the end. I'm assuming it's some sort of syntax error on my end, and that MP3TAG won't see "||" unless I format it properly, but for the life of me I can't figure it out, and I really don't want to manually remove it from hundreds of songs. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

If it's helpful, my action group is this:

Replace with regular expression
Field: LYRICS
Regular expression: ^.{eng||}
Replace matches with:
[] case-sensitive comparison

Something that may be worthy of note is that no matter how I do it, it also adds the full album title to the song title with " - " preceding it. I'm at a loss.

If you replace a text constant (here: eng||) with another one (here: nothing) then use a simple replace.
If you insist on the pattern matching of a regular expression, then note that the | has to be escaped if used as ordinary character.
Also, your regular expression references a leading character (.) after the beginning of the field (^) before "eng" is encountered. I do not think that this is really the pattern.
I think it should be:
^eng\|\|
no further fancy bits required.

This worked perfectly! Thank you! I stuck with the regular expression.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.