Can't remove cover arts at all!!!

So, thing is: I dont know why, but my mp3 files's cover arts are all messed up, like: there's the same cover art to every songs of a band. Even a game icon that i had saved somewhere in my pc became a cover art of a few mp3 files (I don't know how).

So I wanted to remove all the cover arts of these files using mp3tag v2.7b. I've used the controls for this and the cover arts even disappeared from the files in the mp3tag window, but they still appearing in windows media player (that's working offline) and in the windows folder icons.
(I've installed Itunes to see the result: and the cover arts doesnt appear there too, only in windows and WMP)...
I've even texted some other mp3tag actions like removing all the tags or removing the tag PICTURE but it doesn't work as well, because there is no cover arts for the mp3tag...

I know it's kindda alkward but I can't see these cover arts messed up in WMP, even more in the folder miniatures from where the files are saved.

Sorry for the bad english and I'm grateful for any help...

In Windows Folder Options make sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" checked and "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked.

Delete all AlbumArt*.jpg files and folder.jpg files that are incorrect.

Please note also that WMP builds up a thumbnail cache that occasionally leads to irritating displays of alleged album art.
You find this in
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\Grafikcache\LocalMLS

Feel free to delete all files in this folder (or even the folder LocalMLS itself). WMP will rebuild the cache without any sideeffects except a little increased hard disk activity.

I'm glad for the help...

First, stanman, I've already tried that and the cover art .jpg files did not appear in the music folders or anywhere.

ohrenkino, coud not find this Grafikcache folder in Appdata. But I found an ArtCache Folder with a LocalMLS folder inside. I must say I do not understand any of this windows hidden folders system but I deleted this LocalMLS anyway (kindda hurry for a solution when I did it, hope it don't end in side effects), but the cover arts still appears...

Well, just for try, I did some new folders in my Music directory and put some songs that had wrong cover arts there. Now, thay're without any pictures in it. Without any better solution to remove the cover arts and feed my "organization syndrome", I think I'll do it manually by making new folders to my mp3 files as I still have just a few of them. mp3tag will work just fine to organize the other files tags after that thou...

stanman, just now i've noticed your recomendation to keep not only the option "Show hidden files and folders" but also "Hide protected operating system files" unchecked, and guess what... heh. It was that!

Thank you and... I must say I'm kindda shameful right now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're welcome. :slight_smile: No need for shame.