Comment tag getting trimmed to 1024

Firstly, thanks for developing such a fantastic program. It's proven to be an absolute godsend for sorting out my library.

Apologies if this has been answered previously but I couldn't find in a search.

I'm trying to use 2 tags to store narrative detail. I'm using unsyncedlyrics and comment (using the alt-t multiline method). Both tags may have more than 1024 characters and when I paste text into them everything looks fine after saving. However, the comment tag appears to be getting trimmed to 1024 character length at some point. I'm not sure if this is inherent to mp3tag or the tags are being changed when I play the tracks in another player. The unsyncedlyrics tag is fine and remains unchanged at more than 1024 characters.

Wondering if you've come across this behaviour and if there's a known cause.

Thanks

You should tell us what audio and tag format you are using.

Sorry Dano, it's an mp3 (MPEG 1 layer III) file using format ID3v2.3.

Hope that's the information you mean.

I think I'm going to have to put this down to my own stupidity. I was trying to get a player to accept the tag titles to display the information in the way I wanted. As part of this I was changing the column assignments and tag panel display. I think in doing this I must have assigned to something that cropped the text.

By adding a column that reports $len(%comment%) I can see pretty much when this happened and which tracks it's affected.

Berk!!