Convert filename issue with escape characters in tag

When 'Artist' (or I suspect any tag) includes a character like '/' AND you are using path separators ('') in the format string the output filename will get scrambled.

Example
Artist: LSO / Sir Colin Davis
Format string: m:\%artist%\%album%$num(%track%,2) - %title%

Will create (preview windows):
"F:\Audio\downloads\0702tr-LSO-Colin-Davis-Haydn-Symphonies-92-and-93-FLAC16\0702tr-LSO-Colin-Davis-Haydn-Symphonies-92-and-93-FLAC 16\01. HAYDN Symphony No 92 01 Adagio - Allegro spiritoso.flac" ->
"F:\Audio\downloads\m\LSO Sir Colin Davis\HAYDN Symphonies Nos 92 & 93\01 - 1. HAYDN Symphony No 92 i Adagio - Allegro spiritoso.flac"

instead of the expected:
"m:\LSO Sir Colin Davis\HAYDN Symphonies Nos 92 & 93\01 - 1. HAYDN Symphony No 92 i Adagio - Allegro spiritoso.flac"

Note: this will possible be an issue with oither escape charavcters as well ( ';"{ ) togh I have not tested this.

Have you tried to enclose the conversion mask into the function
$validate()
And see what the result is?

There is a problem with the forbidden slash character "/" within the assembled filepathname.
You can try this ...

With ARTIST = 'LSO / Sir Colin Davis' ... $validate('m:\'%ARTIST%'\'%ALBUM%'\'$num(%TRACK%,2)' - '%TITLE%,'_') ==> 'm:\LSO _ Sir Colin Davis\...' $validate('m:\'%ARTIST%'\'%ALBUM%'\'$num(%TRACK%,2)' - '%TITLE%,) ==> 'm:\LSO Sir Colin Davis\...' $replace('m:\'%ARTIST%'\'%ALBUM%'\'$num(%TRACK%,2)' - '%TITLE%,' / ',' ') ==> 'm:\LSO Sir Colin Davis\...'

If you don't want to rely on the Mp3tag function $validate(), ...
then you may apply your own function ...

$regexp(your_filename_ext,'[\x3A\x2A\x3F\x5C\x2F\x22\x3C\x3E\x7C\0-\x1F]','_') $regexp(your_folderpath,'[\x22\x3C\x3E\x7C\0-\x1F]','_') ... or ... including slash character / ... $regexp(your_folderpath,'[\x2F\x22\x3C\x3E\x7C\0-\x1F]','_')

DD.20150801.1148.CEST

Thanks!
Seems there is much more to MP3tag then the eye meets at first sight...
Got it working now.