Convert/Filename - Tag doesn't copy tag info

Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I select a file with no tag information, and select "Convert/Filename - Tag", the program says "Tag derived from 1 of 1 files", but the information is not actually copied to the tag. That is, the set of tags to the left (Title, Artist, etc.) do not change.

The format string matches the filename, so I am confused as to why this would be happening. Any clues?

• Tim

Tim,

please post a screenshot of the Filename - Tag dialog including the formatstring used for the specific file.

~ Florian

Silly me -- my format string was exactly right, and that's why it wasn't working.

A good idea, I would think, would be that if the format string does not match any components in the filename, a different -- ERROR -- message should appear, as opposed to the same one that appears if a successful match is made.

Do you think that might be done?

• Tim

Tim,

it's a good idea to show an error message, if now tag data was imported from the filename. At the moment, the dynamic preview will do the same job - if no fields are displayed, nothing gets imported.

Regards,
~ Florian

Okay, thanks for the info!

• Tim