I am having trouble figuring out how to use the text file to tag feature.
I have mp3 files with ID3 tags (created by other software) and APE tags (created by mp3tag). The tags aren't identical (by design). I used the other software to create replaygain_* tags (TXXX: in ID3). From searching, it seems there is no way to just transfer those specific tags into APE as REPLAYGAIN_*. So I did an "export" of the MP3 tag data to text file, with the intention of then using the convert text file to tag to import it into the APE tags.
My exported file looks like this:
F:\testmusic\4Minute\4Minutes Left\01 4Minutes Left.mp3 | -9.70 dB × -7.40 dB × 0.999969 F:\testmusic\4Minute\4Minutes Left\02 거울아 거울아.mp3 | -9.70 dB × -9.90 dB × 0.999969
and my convert format string looks like this
%_path% | %REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN% x %REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN% x %REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK%
but all I get is "Can't parse line 1 etc". I tried some variations, but still didn't work. I guess I don't understand how to build the format string correctly.