Converting fields tagged in UTF-8 to ANSI?

Hi there
Anybody who knows to do this? I would have thought, that formatting the TITLE-field with a value of $ansi(%title%) should convert e.g. the Sweedish title "Fulla För Kärlekens Skull" to "Fulla För Kärlekens Skull". No values are changed however - is there another way to convert fields tagged in UTF-8 to ANSI (according to Notepad++ the tags in question are encoded in UTF-8 without BOM)

Thanks for any help with my problem in this in all matters great program.

Muntra

I understand the situation as ... the string "Fulla För Kärlekens Skull" is the ANSI string representation of the UTF-8 string "Fulla För Kärlekens Skull".

Because Mp3tag has full Unicode support, Mp3tag should have no problems with a tag-field containing Unicode characters, for both versions ID3v2.3 UTF-16 and ID3v2.4 UTF-8.

Obviously your example tag-field contains the ANSI string "Fulla För Kärlekens Skull", you should try to convert the string to its Unicode representation.

DD.20110618.1503.CEST

Thanks DetlevD

My problem is with Foobar2000's display af title tags encoded in what I call UTF-8 instead of ANSI (or Latin1 code in table below).

For example the Nordic/German letter 'ö' in ANSI-code is represented by hexadecimal 'F6', while in UTF-8 by a two byte sequence hexadecimal 'C3 B6'.

Now what I would want with MP3Tag is to run through all my music files and change this, but how?

Character..Latin1....Unicode.....UTF-8...Latin1
............code........................interpr.

...ä.........E4......00.E4.......C3.A4...ä
...å.........E5......00.E5.......C3.A5...Ã¥
...æ.........E6......00.E6.......C3.A6...æ
...Ö.........D6......00.D6.......C3.96...Ã[96]
...Ø.........D8......00.D8.......C3.98...Ã[98]
...Ä.........C4......00.C4.......C3.84...Ã[84]
...Å.........C5......00.C5.......C3.85...Ã[85]
...Æ.........C6......00.C6.......C3.86...Ã[86]
...ö.........F6......00.F6.......C3.B6...ö
...ø.........F8......00.F8.......C3.B8...ø

(from: http://www.jeppesn.dk/utf-8.html)

You can use foo_chacon with foobar2000.