Copy and Paste

Greetings all,

I am trying to understand the copy & paste feature. I want to be able to select 4 tracks and copy a specific field for those four tracks onto another four tracks. I understand how to do this procedure if I copy all the fields at once, but I don't see how to do it on a field basis.

Thanks in advance

This is only possible if all the 4 tracks have the same contents in that field. Then you do it with the help of the tag panel or the Extended tags dialogue

So for instance, if I have 4 tracks

1. Allegro
  2. Andante
  3. Scherzo
  4. Finale

And I have 20 versions of the same piece and I want all the movements to read the same per version. How do I select version 1's track titles and apply it to Versions 2 through 20 so that they will all read the same track titles per movement?

i am afraid that it is not possible simply with copy&paste.
What you can do:
Select all those which are allegro and then apply that data to the selected tracks. Then select all those which are andante and apply the change and so on.
Or: you export these 4 variations to a text file (just that field) and then select the other 16 files and import import the text file.
This is not as elegant as e.g. Excel would do it but that's the way it is.

Thank you! Your solution is better than nothing:) How would I do that without copying the entire fields? If you've already explained, I apologize for not understanding:)

Now then, if you want to append a field with a certain string, then have a look at the FAqs:
/t/967/1
(which then is neither the tag-panel-solution nor the export option)