Copy folder

Hello,

I have made this action to copy the folder:

D:\Comedia$left(%albumartist%,1)\%albumartist%[(%year%)][ - %album%][ - Disc%discnumber]

My 2 questions are:

1. Can i just copy and move the folder and not just Move?
  2. Can i make a script that if the genre is comedy goes to folder comedy, instead of making a script for each genre?

Something like if genre=comedy then
D:\Comedia$left(%albumartist%,1)\%albumartist%[(%year%)][ - %album%][ - Disc%discnumber]

if genre= audiobooks then
D:\Audiobook$left(%albumartist%,1)\%albumartist%[(%year%)][ - %album%][ - Disc%discnumber]

Thank you friends.

To which action-type do you refer?

Where do you see the difference?
There generally is no action to copy files and folders, only actions to rename files,folders or complete paths, which in effect leads to move.

As genre is a tag-field you can naturally build a new path relying on this tagfield %genre%. Just put it at the right place.

"To which action-type do you refer?"

Format

i just want it to copy the album to the new hard drive and the old files remain in the torrent drive.

"As genre is a tag-field you can naturally build a new path relying on this tagfield %genre%. Just put it at the right place."

This is a good idea thank you.

The action type "Format Value" is no action to copy. As the name of the type says:
The value of a tagfield is changed. You don't tell us, but I think you want to change the tagfield %_directory%.

As I wrote there generally is no action to copy.

BTW:
There is a % missing in the dicnumber-tag of your example.

Thank you poster.