Couple Questions

First off, love this app! Mainly because it searches Discogs for alot of my drum and bass/electronic music. Thats a plus!

1. ive got mp3tag to default to a folder that has multiple folder albums. Everytime i start mp3tag up it has to scan data. It takes forever and i feel like its putting alot of strain my my hdd. Can i configure it to just scan my collection once and thats it?

2. EDIT: figured this one out

3. adding album art seems to be quite annoying at times.. I select a few files at once, drag and drop the album art from firefox or IE, and paste.. then it doesnt show up. I have to press the left and right arrows which signify 1/2 or 2/2.. and its just soo confusing and i cant tell if the album art was stored properly. So i just went back through my whole collection and did an action removal of PICTURE.

4. !This is just an example! When creating playlists, can i take this portion of my .sfv file name 00-culture_shock-the_third_stage_ep-ramm66-vinyl-2007-sour.sfv and create an m3u playlist for each folder? If so, what variables do i need to use?

5. mp3tag doesnt have an explorer-like folder tree view, is there a way to make one visible on the left for easy folder navigation? Thanks

Thanks for your time, and great work on mp3tag!

1 ... Can i configure it to just scan my collection once and thats it?

No way I know of. To meet a similar requirement for faster read to the tags of 10K+ files on a slow external HD, I put a shadow audio-less copy of the file set on the internal HD. But of course any tag edits have to be copied back to the main set and the only automatic way I've found to do this in Mp3tag alone takes a long time.

4 When creating playlists ... create an m3u playlist for each folder?

Not using Create Playlist - it doesn't expand variables in its filepath. It would be great if it did!

But probably using Export with '[ ] One file per directory' on a playlist-making script usch as http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?act=...post&id=358 (1.04 KB) .

1. mp3tag doesnt have an explorer-like folder tree view, is there a way to make one visible on
    the left for easy folder navigation?

The nearst I can think of is File | Add directory, then drag dialog box to left. :wink: