Cover art files are not shown when searching new picture

I am using MP3Tag V3.36.1 on Windows 11 and try to add cover art to my MP3 files.

Right click - Erweiterte Tags... - Cover +

The folder with the MP3 file is opened but the jpg files are not shown.

See screen shot. What can I do? This worked in an older version of MP3Tag.

If you have set the explorer not to show hidden files, then you won't see the hidden files folder.jpg and albumartsmall.jpg in the explorer-generated file selection dialogue.

As further information regarding Ohrenkino's answer

Or in Windows 11 for a specific directory directly in the Windows File Explorer with
Anzeigen -> Einblenden -> Ausgeblendete Elemente:


Hidden files are indicated by a slightly dimmed icon in front of the filename:
image
Same file, not hidden:
image

Just a quick note:
You can also drag and drop a picture onto one or more (previously) selected files.
Simply drag the file from your Explorer and drop it into the placeholder for the cover art on the left-hand side in the Tag Panel (the one with the disc symbol).
No need to open Alt + T (Erweiterte Tags) for that case.
Remember to save your changes with Ctrl+S or Datei -> Tag speichern
(File -> Save Tag).

Very strange...

The two jpg files are hidden. Totalcommander shows both files, Windows Explorer does not. In "Ordneroptionen - Ordneransicht" is "Ausgeblendete Dateien, Ordner und Laufwerke anzeigen" active.

Drag and drop of the jpg file works.

Thank you

They are probably not only hidden but System-Files too. So deactivate "Geschützte Systemdateien ausblenden".

If both attributes, H and S are set, even the Explorer own setting doesn't help. Such a file remains "hidden".

Only if the H attribut is set without S it becomes visible with
Anzeigen -> Einblenden -> Ausgeblendete Elemente

You can show ALL attributes in a CMD window with ATTRIB

Zeigt Dateiattribute an oder ändert sie.

ATTRIB [+R | -R] [+A | -A] [+S | -S] [+H | -H] [+O | -O] [+I | -I] [+X | -X]
 [+P | -P] [+U | -U] [+B | -B] 
 [Laufwerk:][Pfad][Dateiname] [/S [/D]] [/L]

  +   Legt ein Attribut fest.
  –   Löscht ein Attribut.
  R   Attribut für "Schreibgeschützte Datei".
  A   Attribut für "Archivdatei".
  S   Attribut für "Systemdatei".
  H   Attribut für "Versteckte Datei".
  O   Attribut für "Offline".
  I   Attribut für "Datei ohne indizierten Inhalt".
  X   Attribut für "Keine Scrubbingdatei".
  V   Attribut für "Integrität".
  P   Attribut für "Angeheftet".
  U   Attribut für "Losgelöst".
  B   Attribut für "SMR-BLOB".
  [Laufwerk:][Pfad][Dateiname]
      Gibt die zu verarbeitenden Dateien für das Attribut an.
  /S  Verarbeitet entsprechende Dateien im aktuellen Ordner
      und allen Unterordnern.
  /D  Verarbeitet auch Ordner.
  /L  Verarbeitet die Attribute des symbolischen Links anstelle
      des Ziels des symbolischen Links.

What I just learned:
In Windows 11 a set System attribut S will be indicated by a greyed-out "Versteckt" (H for hidden) property:
image
This greyed-out attribute can not be changed in the Windows File Explorer GUI!

A set Hidden attribut H only (without S) is shown as normal activated "Versteckt":
image

these two jpg files in the screenshot are marked as system files and hidden. No idea why. Normally jpg files an my computer are not hidden and not marked as system files

So you would have to investigate who created these files and / or changed the attributes.
WMP likes to create especially files with these names and attributes.
You could verify that otherwise "normal" picture files are displayed in the search.

Not here.
If I in addition unchheck "Geschützte Systemdateien ausblenden" I can see the file in the windows-explorer with the attributes SH.

As far as I remember the windows media player creates these files and always does it with hidden and system attrributes.

I was talking about my own post with WFE Anzeigen -> Einblenden -> Ausgeblendete Elemente
not yours, with WFE ... -> Optionen -> 2. Tab Ansicht
:wink: