cover art from amazon

1. Is it possible that mp3tag looks at amazon for "artist" and not todays "Album"? Can I set it somewhere?
  2. Is it possible to call this function "in batch" - so that if I have folder with "100 greatest rock hits" so that I could as easy as possible to add cover art to each song/interpret individually in sequence?

The album cover web source script applies the selected cover to all files that you have selected in the files list.
I do not see the reason why one should look for an artist instead of an album.
But: if you get too many entries for e.g. Greatest Hits, you can easily add the artist's name in the dialogue that currently shows the album title prior to the actual web search.

You are right I can change in Convert Tag-Tag the name of album so there is the artist name. But what I cannot easly handle is: if you mark all one hundred songs (each from someone else), you cannot add the artist's name in the dialogue that currently shows the album title prior to the actual web search, cause you would set it for all one hundred songs. Thats is surely not what one would like - set one cover art for all songs. You might do it song by song, of course, but its not so comfort as it could be....