Cover Art missing from some album tracks

Hi There

I have an iPod, use iTunes v10 to control it, and mp3tag v2.46a to sort the tags.

I have recently been adding album art to albums (in mp3tag, not itunes), and have noticed that after I have added cover art to an entire album, that when I view this album on my iPod, some tracks have the cover art, some not. When I view the album in iTunes, the art shows for all tracks.

Can anyone help me work out why this is happening?

Thanks

Rick

could you check whether the unwilling tracks only mp3 tags of version 2.3 or if they have APE tags or V2.4 tags as well?
If so, delete these tag standards from the files and rewrite V2.3 only.

I'm not sure how to do what you ask, but took a guess - I have looked at a typical album (some have some not), and (using right click/extended tags) it appears that they are all ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3). Can see no mention of other formats you mention. Should I check anything else?

Thanks for your reply

You could also add a colum in the list view which shows the tag types.
Right-click on any colum header to open the context menu "Columns".
In the follwing dialogue add a new column with the following value:
%_tag_read%[ (%_tag%)]
THis columns then shows the tag type straight away without the detour into the extended tags dialogue.

What else can you check: sometimes tags are somewhat garbled. So let loose one of those tag and/or stream checkers like foobar2000 or mp3val.
If they find anything suspicious and are able to repair it, it may be worth a try to attempt to store the album art in the repaired files.