creating file names from aaa000 through zzz999

I hope someone can help me figure this out.
I'm trying to name my mp3s from aaa000 through zzz999. So once mp3tag reaches aaa999, the next file should be named aab000. How can I set up mp3tag to do this? I have been trying to figure this out using these 2 sites

https://docs.mp3tag.de/converters/rename-files
https://docs.mp3tag.de/scripting

but I can't figure out the right combination. Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

You can stop trying ... here comes the solution.

Well, I hope you really did try to solve this for your own ... so hard as you can do ... at least you have did the first step ... counting from "aaa000" to "aaa001"!

So whenever you did this you can ever understand what the following work is worth.

This was somewhat a challenge (using Mp3tag scripting language) ... and now here it is:
a group of actions that does right this what you have described.

Description
The following group of actions will create a running alphanumerical number replacement for the decimal number range of 0 to 17575999, which fits into 6 digit places by using three lowercase alpha digits from the Latin alphabet set [a..z] and three numerical digits from the set [0..9] giving the format "aaannn".

Counting of items begins at zero. When reaching item 1000 plus 1 the numerical part overflows (greater than 999) and the lowest value from the alpha part will be incremented from letter "a" to "b" and the numerical part starts counting again from zero.
If the number reaches "aaz999" (this is item 26000 in decimal), then the next higher value from the alpha part will be incremented, so the following number will be "aba000" and the numerical part starts counting again from zero.
The highest number will be "zzz999". It could not be verified what will happen when incrementing this counter value again by 1. :wink: No liability for consequential damages.

How to use?
Select the tracks to enumerate.
Run the action against the selection.
When ready the number string can be read from the tag field "TMP_NUM_AAANNN" (this tag field name can be renamed by user).

Begin Actionsgroup 20100209.Counter.AAANNN

Action #1
Actiontype 5: Format tag field
Field: TMP_CNT_B10
Formatstring: $sub(%_counter%,1)

Action #2
Field: TMP_CNT_B10_MAX
Formatstring: 1000

Action #3
Field: TMP_NUM_B10
Formatstring: $mod(%TMP_CNT_B10%,%TMP_CNT_B10_MAX%)

Action #4
Field: TMP_CNT_NB
Formatstring: $div(%TMP_CNT_B10%,%TMP_CNT_B10_MAX%)

Action #5
Field: TMP_NB
Formatstring: 26

Action #6
Field: TMP_DGT_NB0
Formatstring: $mod(%TMP_CNT_NB%,%TMP_NB%)

Action #7
Field: TMP_DGT_NB1
Formatstring: $mod($div(%TMP_CNT_NB%,%TMP_NB%),%TMP_NB%)

Action #8
Field: TMP_DGT_NB2
Formatstring: $mod($div(%TMP_CNT_NB%,$mul(%TMP_NB%,%TMP_NB%)),$mul(%TMP_NB%,%TMP_NB%))

Action #9
Field: TMP_NUM_1
Formatstring: $add($add($mul($mul(%TMP_NB%,%TMP_NB%),%TMP_DGT_NB2%),$mul(%TMP_NB%,%TMP_DGT_NB1%)),%TMP_DGT_NB0%)

Action #10
Field: TMP_NUM_2
Formatstring: %TMP_DGT_NB2%÷%TMP_DGT_NB1%÷%TMP_DGT_NB0÷%$num(%TMP_NUM_B10%,3)

Action #11
Field: TMP_NUM_AAANNN
Formatstring: $char($add(97,%TMP_DGT_NB2%))$char($add(97,%TMP_DGT_NB1%))$char($add(97,%TMP_DGT_NB0%))$num(%TMP_NUM_B10%,3)

Action #12
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): TMP_CNT_B10_MAX;TMP_CNT_B10;TMP_CNT_NB;TMP_NB;TMP_DGT_NB0;TMP_DGT_NB1;TMP_DGT_NB
2;TMP_NUM_B10;TMP_NUM_1;TMP_NUM_2

Note: Replace each special ÷ character with one space character.
End Actionsgroup 20100209.Counter.AAANNN (12 Actions)

DD.20100209.0905.CET

Edit.
Actions #9 and #10 are not necessary, they can be removed in production environment.

DD.20100209.1414.CET

Thank you, thank you. I will give your suggestion a try in a few days. Seems like a lot of work.

Still I am wondering where the practical relevance lies for the work with Mp3tag and music files.

DD.20100210.0757.CET