Delete all old art and insert new one

Hi all, first and foremost, last time I had a hic-up, Poster helped me a lot and I want to thank him, is there a way to click a button for thanks? if not it would be a good idea . . . :slight_smile:

I have a lot of music, buying cd's since 1990 I think . . .

all my music is organized . . .

Music\Artist\Disk\01 song.mp3 (all 128kbps .mp3)(Disk is only on Multiple CD per album)
i.e.

:\Music\B. B. King\1992 King Of The Blues [4 Disks Box Set]\Disk III\09 Blue Shadows.mp3
:\Music\B. B. King\1992 King Of The Blues [4 Disks Box Set]\Disk III\10 Ghetto Woman.mp3
:\Music\B. B. King\1992 King Of The Blues [4 Disks Box Set]\Disk III\11 Ain't Nobody Home.mp3
:\Music\B. B. King\1992 King Of The Blues [4 Disks Box Set]\Disk III\folder.jpg (all art are 500x500 .jpg)
etc . . .

Now the problem, for a long while I used the fruit product to organize and play my music but now, I prefer Daum PotPlayer (not a plug, only information dissemination, no affiliation whatsoever) but it is a great product

and it loads the current cd's songs in it's currently playing playlist, very convenient, especially in my current organization preferences.

Now The Problem after I have laid out the current background

the fruit has downloaded a lot of artwork, some songs have multiple artwork, I used Discogs as my reference for album art, I could scan the covers but that was a lot of unnecessary work for nothing.

So what I want to achieve:
delete all imbedded album art and insert the folder.jpg that is in all the individual folders

Is there a way to perform that? Custom Action Maybe?

I did research this but haven't found this exact problem so here we are :slight_smile:

http://help.mp3tag.de/options_format.html#importcover

Thanks ryerman, I'll try that in the morning as of right now, am in love with my bottle of Bourbon

ok, so I made a new action group

first action is:
Remove Fields "PICTURE"

works

second:
import cover from file "%_ext%" (Front Cover)

don't work :frowning:

each folder " = 1CD " has it's own image. All are named folder.jpg and all are sized 500x500

I dunno what to do. Spent the last 2 hours googling on it with no glimpse of remotely possible hope :frowning:

on another note, should I not save after removing the embedded art and before imbedding new one ?

You don't have to delete the existing cover art because this is done with the import-ation.

Action-Type: Import cover from file
Format string for image filename: folder.jpg
Import cover as: Front-Cover
Mark: Delete existing cover art

Well, Poster, you come through yet again, Thanks Bud :slight_smile:

Worked perfectly

Now, I got to read more on these things, got some cleanup ideas . . .

Thanks again

Solved

Well, Poster, you come through yet again, Thanks Bud :slight_smile:

Worked perfectly

Now, I got to read more on these things, got some cleanup ideas . . .

Thanks again

Solved

Have a look in th help file and in the FAQ:
/c/faq-frequently-asked-questions