Delete first character if it'snt a letter o number

I need help.

Please show me how to delete the first character in ARTIST if the character is not a letter or a number.

Thanks !!!

Use this in a REPLACE WITH REGULAR EXPRESSION action:
FIELD: ARTIST
REGEXP: ^[^\w]
REPLACE WITH: Leave this blank

Action .....: Format value
Field ......: ARTIST
Formatstring: $regexp(%ARTIST%,'^[\W]',)

See also following examples ...

... (not letter) or (number) $regexp('~ - 123 # abc DEF 456 #','[\W\d]',) ==> 'abcDEF' ... only first character from the left edge $regexp('123 # abc DEF 456 #','^[\W\d]',) ==> '23 # abc DEF 456 #' ... not (letter or number) $regexp('~ - 123 # abc DEF 456 #','[\W]',) ==> '123abcDEF456' ... only first character from the left edge $regexp('123 # abc DEF 456 #','^[\W]',) ==> '123 # abc DEF 456 #' $regexp('-123 # abc DEF 456 #','^[\W]',) ==> '123 # abc DEF 456 #' $regexp('--123 # abc DEF 456 #','^[\W]',) ==> '-123 # abc DEF 456 #'

DD.20140424.1439.CEST

Maybe you could explain to the OP that there's more than one way to do this task. In this case three. Why try and confuse a newbie to the program any more than is needed.

Getting a bit tired of you jumping in after me on any post as if I never posted at all.

'stevehero', I am sorry to bother you with my follow up post.
It was linguistically not very clear to me what the open poster really wanted.
I only wanted to add possible alternatives.

DD.20140424.1455.CEST

No problem, just that that sometimes you jump over me to explain something in a more complicated manner for the OP to understand when there is a straight forward way of doing so. A format action like you show is something you might use for combining multiple functions etc but for this simple task it's a bit much. It took me a while to figure out how to use format and regexps together.

Although, like you say it's good reference (for more advanced users). It just would be nice to be acknowledged that's all while not confusing newcomers to much at the same time. :v:

Thank's a lot !

Thank's a lot !