Discogs Album Collections/Compilations - Tagging of individual albums

Hello,

I am using the Discogs Release ID tag source to tag most of my CDs. This works very well and it's a huge time saver.

Some Album Compilations have a header for the individual CDs, e.g. to identify the name of a specific album:

Is there a way to read out the header and write in a specific field, e.g. Comment or a user defined field so instead of just having the name of the Album Compilation I would also like to use the album names from the headers in the corresponding tracks.

In your example you like to have the ALBUM name for the 10 tracks on disc 2 as

All The Pieces - The Complete Studio Recordings - How Sweet Can You Get aka The Clover Sessions (Disc 2)

or just
How Sweet Can You Get aka The Clover Sessions (Disc 2)

or how exactly?

Or do you want the ALBUM for all 18 discs as
All The Pieces - The Complete Studio Recordings 1971-2003
and the disc titles in an additional tag?

The album name in the example would be "All The Pieces - The Complete Studio Recordings" as this is the release name.

The header allows to add information (in this case the original release album name. In this case "How Sweet Can You Get aka The Clover Sessions (Disc 2)". Obviously "(Disc 2)" is not part of the original release name but let's forget about that as it's just a technicality.

So it would be fine for me if the album name is the release name for all 18 discs in this album compilation but I would like MP3tag to read out the header information in the Discogs ID (if there are any) und write this is the comment field or a user defined field.

" Or do you want the ALBUM for all 18 discs as
All The Pieces - The Complete Studio Recordings 1971-2003
and the disc titles in an additional tag?"

Yes, exactly!

You could use the DISC TITLE for such an information, as the MusicBrainz script write it currently.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

While I know how to open the Discogs scripts in Wordpad I wouldn't know how to implement that (I usually use the Discogs ID script).