Discogs Authentication Error

I'm trying to import artwork & tracklist from Discogs. I keep getting an authentication error.

I've updated to the latest version. Installed/reinstalled. Tried multiple computers. My next step was to try & find my Discogs credentials in the program & re-enter them, but I cannot find where to do that in any of the menus.

I know there have been times in the past where the process has gone down for a bit, but it's been like this for a few days now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

see e.g. here:

or use the search function with the keywords authentification or Oauth.

Thank you for the links. I'm not a luddite, but I'm having a hard time following everything.

I did the search for the Oauth & Authentication in the Windows search field where I found a .txt file associated with the software. It seems to just be a list of fixes & updates for the program.

I remember when the https error happened years ago & I was able to correct that at the time. I've also confirmed that my system date & time are both accurate.

Am I missing something?

I’m pretty sure @ohrenkino meant to use the search bar in this forum for this, not the one in Windows. :wink:

You would have to list all the things you tried that have been suggested in the linked threads and the ones that you found yourself and tell us for each one the result.
Then perhaps it is possible to narrow down your local problems.
A check whether MP3tag has internet access at all would be worthwhile.
Do you get an error message?

If anyone else happens across this issue - uninstall Mp3Tag & shutdown your computer. Turn off your VPN on re-start. Reinstall Mp3Tag. Once you re-sync with the Discogs database, you should be good to turn your VPN back on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.