Displaying lyrics not working

Hello all,

I just got a new MP3 player for Christmas (AGPTEK M16SB), which has a lyrics display feature.

I downloaded MP3Tag to save the lyrics in my mp3 files looking at the community and YouTube video for help, but somehow the lyrics won't show up, neither on the MP3 player device, nor even on Windows Media player (nor on Winamp either).

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong as the steps are pretty simple: open the MP3 file, add the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag, paste the lyrics, save.

Is there something I'm missing?
(apologies if the question has been asked before, I couldn't find it and my German is a bit rusty...)

I don't have such a player. But are you sure that you have to embed the lyrics into the ID3 tag UNSYNCEDLYRICS and not only have a *.LRC text file with the same name as the song in the same directory?

I can't find anything about lyrics for your model.

What you are looking for is not the tag-field UNSYNCEDLYRICS (USLT) but the tag-field SYLT which cares about synchronized lyrics and is not supported bny Mp3Tag.

What you see in players when they show lyric synchronized depends an the SYLT-field.
To fill this to work it is not sufficient to just paste the lyrics-text. It it also necessary that you enter some time-code to snychronize the text-lined with the music.
Sylteditor

To see the contents of the field UNSYNCEDLYRICS in WMP, the language setting in the lyrics field have to be the same as the Windows environment language or the language setting in the lyrics field has to be "xxx" for any language.

Thanks! it works like a charm :smiley:

oh woaw that looks like... a super giant daunting task to synchronize the lyrics of all my MP3 ^^; also some of my file don't work bc they don't have any SYLT frame in the ID3 tag so I will need to look into that too...

Thanks for you answer, it seems that it's what I'm looking for, I just didn't realize it'd be more complicated than just copy/pasting

I'm very new to all of this, but I suppose an .LRC file would work like a .srt file for subtitling a film and have both file in the same directory?

My MP3 player manual is very... very thin, I've contacted the support to see if they can give me a solution too, we'll see :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input!

That's the idea, yes.

Please let us know what the AGPTEK support suggest you to do.

AGPTEK came back with the same solution as yours: .lrc files.

It works, though it doesn't like long words so it's quite approximate but hey...
Thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @Sazam

Could you please provide a short working example *.lrc content for your AGPTEK M16SB?
Just for others finding this thread with Google & Co. :wink: :face_with_monocle:

You can include your content in your answer here in code brackets like <code> and </code>
(or select the text & press CTRL + SHIFT + C on it).