dont know what im doing...

okay so ive read the FAQ and everything and i just simply dont understand what im doing..

all i know is that i have a folder filled with music files that are horrible to look at.. and i just want to clean it all up.. can someone tell me what im suppose to do?

heres a screenshot of what my folder of songs look like

basically i want to get rid of numbers on my title, any album names on it, correct spaces, no - at the start of the title.. etc?

removing certain text from title and name

This sounds to me as you are not a proper user for the Mp3tag application. <_<
But have no fear, for me it was also heavy at the beginning.
The best way to learn the usage of Mp3tag is the way of small steps, so start to go and try to solve some small task.
Beside reading the manual do read the forum messages. Read what other users did ask and what proposals they got and comprehend it on a test file.

DD.20120905.1655.CEST

Either do any of us at the start.

None shown.

Begin Action Group _Script Test#TEST xchris

Action #1 Actiontype 4: Replace with regular expression Field ______________: TITLE Regular expression _: ^\d+\s*-*\s* Replace matches with: [_] Case sensitive comparison Action #2 Actiontype 4: Replace with regular expression Field ______________: _ALL Regular expression _: \s+ Replace matches with: Enter once single withspace here!!

[_] Case sensitive comparison Action #3 Actiontype 4: Replace with regular expression Field ______________: _ALL Regular expression _: ^\s+|\s+ Replace matches with: Enter nothing here!! [_] Case sensitive comparison

End Action Group _Script Test#TEST xchris (3 Actions)

Action #1 will do as follows:

Before:
01 - Trio (OM)
01-Trio (OM)
01Trio (OM)

After:
Trio (OM)
Trio (OM)
Trio (OM)

Action #2 will do as follows:

Delete all double spaces to one space. Make sure you put a single space in the Replace matches with:

Action #3 will do as follows:

Delete all trailing and leading whitespaces in your TAGS and _FILENAMES. Enter nothing in the Replace matches with:

Here is the same .mta file >>> _Script_Test_TEST_xchris.mta (136 Bytes)

Open your folder similar to this 'C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\data\actions and place that file in there. Next time you open mp3tag that action will show up.

_Script_Test_TEST_xchris.mta (136 Bytes)

Hi xChris,

The screenshot didn't seem to post. Could you try again? Once you browse to the file you want to attach and select it, don't forget to hit the "UPLOAD" button.

I'm pretty sure I know what you need but I want to see it to be sure. I will then post a step-by-step procedure for you.

The image below is just a test to see if the attachment feature worked correctly, and it did.