Edit Export configuration not possible

This may be a bug, or a feature, or a lack of intelligence on my part. I work on Win10(18362), and Mp3tag v3.01. I used Mp3tag many years ago, now starting again.

I have several self-made mte-files, e.g. c:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\export\txt_taglist_length.mte. I can modify those, and it works, no problem.

But I expected that I could also edit them through Mp3tag. What I do:
Actions --> edit one of the existing Action groups --> Edit an action, in this case: Export "txt_taglist_length" --> it shows the Export configurations. I select "txt_taglist_length" and click on Edit.......
What I expected was that I could edit my mte-file here.

What happens is this:

• for a fraction of a second a message window pops up, too fast for reading
  • the main Mp3tag window, in the background, loses all its mp3-files, becomes empty.
  • the export config window regains focus, so no edit window

Could it be that I need to give administrator rights somewhere?

If a file does not open then I would check ownership of the files (being Administrator is then probably not enough, you have to be the owner) and then whether you can open an export file via the explorer with a double-click - this would reveal whether an application is assigned to that file type.
Does it work if you try to edit an export with File>Export...?

1 Like

@ ohrenkino:
When I doubleclick, in Exploreer, on c:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\export\txt_taglist_length.mte
is that Mp3tag opens, empty.

When in Mp3tag (with some selected mp3-files), and do File > Export... what happens is the same as what I described in my first post.

Could you modify the file association for MTE files so that the Editor gets opened?
It is not really right that MP3tag opens on double click.
I suspect that the flashing window that you see is the second instance of MP3tag that is attempted to be opened - which is not possible. And that the main MP3tag window is then empty is caused by the change in working directory which is now the folder where the MTE files are.

1 Like

@ ohrenkino:
Yes, solved by changing the file association of MTE from Mp3tag to Notepad.
Thank you!
So something went wrong in the installation process? Maybe Win10 related? I did not have this problem under Win7.