Editing WAV filenames

Hello everyone,

Before I ask my question I would just like to say thanks for a great bit of software.

Anyway I was wondering if it is possible to edit the filenames of WAV files.

Thanks

Nix

Of course you can change the file names of WAV files. You can change the file names of any file you want (BAT, EXE, DOC, WAV, FRM...).

If you mean changing tags, that is another thing. The WAV file format does not allow tags to be added.

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to change WAV filenames using Mp3Tag.

I have been trying to get Mp3Tag to display the contents of a directory that contains WAV files but non are displayed.

I have added the format into the tools/options/tags screen and refreshed but they are still not displayed.

Am I doing something wrong, if so could you help.

Thanks

Nix

MP3Tag can only display the formats it supports. As WAV files are not supported (because they cannot contain tags), you cannot list them.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Then I guess I will have to ask if this can be made a feature of the program.

Is it ok to ask here or do I have to submit a message to the programmer.

Basically it would be great if it was possible to edit WAV files using Mp3Tag to allow me to edit the formats of the filename.

Nix

Hi Nix,

the problem with supporting files with no tags is, that these files don't contain very few information and most of the placeholders at Tag - Filename won't work at these files.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I will explain what I am trying to do to see if that helps.

I rip my cd's to WAV with the filename of:

%artist% - %album% - %track% - %title%.wav

Would it be possible to add the option to change the filename to a different format :

%track% - %artist% - %album% - %title%.wav

Or change the track number from 1 to 01.

Thanks again

Nix

Florian, I think he would like to use the Filename - Filename converter with his Wave files and AFAIK, that doesn't require tag fields to be present.

Thanks Sebastian,

That is exactly what I would like to do, sorry I do know the software that well or I would have said that earlier.

Nix