Error getting tag info from Discogs

When I login to disogs I can see the album I want but when I go into Mp3Tag and type in the album release code m395864 I get an error message saying


Mp3tag v3.35

Error connecting to server: www.discogs.com

404: Not Found


Retry Cancel

what am I doing wrong?

see e.g. here:

Perhaps there is no release like that or at least no page that can be addressed with that release code.

This is a Master Release. Try using a concrete release where the ID is prefixed with r, like r2923068

Same issue regardless of whether it is a master release or not.

I couldn't find any listing where I could copy/paste the info but in the end I asked AI and it gave me a listing I could copy/paste. I really don't like AI but clearly it has its uses!!!

I now realise my previous instruction was a little bit misleading. It works if you use, e.g., 2923068 or click on the release ID on the upper right which copies [r2923068] to the clipboard.

The first time I tried I copied the string with the brackets. That didn't work so I tried without the brackets. Are you saying it just wants the number without the r or m?

It wants the number from an ID that starts with r (this is a Release ID, the number from an ID starting with m doesn’t work as it’s a Master ID)