Exellent Programme - Bad Guide/Help

With MP3tag I succeeded to alter a mess off information on a collection of 10.000 mp3 files into a clean and well organized collection, extreemly easy to acces according to a serie of wishes for filtering and sorting. New with MP3tag, not experieced with programming but having some programming experiece, I started printing and reading the help overview to become startled. What a badly organized overview. To often for a starter the explanations are too dense while examples are missing. Quite ununderstandble. So I went looking for support in the Forums, finding a lot of examples. For instance Moderator Dano's FAQ. But for a beginner not an educationally well structured path to follow. To often I had to browse to and fro among the pages of the help file for an explanation on expressions and operators. Finally that works, however with too much waste of time. The quality of MP3tag Help doesn't mach the quality of the programme. It would be better to integrate the information of the forums into a well structured guide. That will add fame to MP3 and will please new commers.

Hi Michiel, yes, you're right on all points.

DD.20101101.1510.CET

Thank you, and thank you for the answer on my former question. I hope Florian will pick up this.

I had actually considered volunteering to write something (one of my many jobs is writing documentation), but to be honest, I don't understand it well enough to do that. I know how to do the things I want to do, and that's about it.

Ideally a guide would be helpful, but if one could have either a guide or a user forum, I'd much rather have the user forum. Given that this program is free with voluntary contributions appreciated, I can understand the resource constraints. The more complicated and capable a program becomes, the tougher it is for a guide to explain everything adequately, and the more powerful the user forums become.

So instead of a complete user guide, perhaps a few enhancements to pages for beginning users would be feasible.

I also like the idea of trying to extract a guide out of the forum posts. It would be really impressive if that could be automated in some way to make this feasible, but since I'm not a programmer, I have no idea how that would work.