Export list in wrong order

Hi

When I use the export function to export some tags/tracks, the order is apparently random.
I would find it more logical that the order is identical to the sort order I have in my main screen.

for example, in my main screen I sorted on track number and this is what I get as result in the exported list.

1: Gillesz - 2011-12-03_20h31m32 Length:01:53:59
4b: Pourson - xmas Length:48:06
4a: Boys & Buttons - December mix Length:36:10
2b: Dossch-Y - X-Mas Mix 2011 Length:30:41
2a: Epic Panda - Merry Christmas Length:31:47
3: Johnny Bizzkit - December 2011 promo mix Length:01:08:32

Thx

Your export result looks interesting, for example the "track numbers".
Where is the bug?
Can we see your export script?
What is your question, please?

DD.20111226.1042.CET

Tought I was pretty clear on what the problem is...
(The a's and b's are not the issue.)

The problem/bug is that the order in the export file is different from the order in the main screen.
In the main screen the files are sorted by tracks number 1,2,3,4, when I export the list I get a random order "1,4,2,3" where I want to have the export list also sorted like in the main screen "1,2,3,4".
Or as my suggestion, it makes sense that the export list schould have the same sort as the list in the main screen.

Look at the mainscreen screencap, filelist is sorted by track number.
Look at the export screencap, filelist is randomly sorted.

This is my script.
$loop(%_path%)%track%: %artist% - %title% Length:%_length%
$loopend()

It looks like it always sorts on filename.

Yes it is pretty clear now. It is a problem of understanding how Mp3tag has been designed.

You can understand the Mp3tag export section as a toolbox for itself, with it's own Export Scripting Language and special accessibilities to the content of tag-fields and other system variable content.

What you do resp. what you set up in the interactive section of Mp3tag has no effect of presetting anything in the export section like sorting of columns or filtering of data, beside modification of tag-field content of course.

Please read the Mp3tag help manual about export configuration scripts.

The function structure $loop()...$loopend() provides a sorted loop over the values, given by the scripting expression, which in it's simple case is a tag-field content placeholder or a system variable content placeholder.

As a first step try this export script ...

$loop(%TRACK%)%TRACK%': '%ARTIST%' - '%TITLE%', Length:'%_length% $loopend()

... and see what happens.

The function structure $loop()...$loopend() can be nested to allow more sophisticated sorting and access to the data, for example ...

$loop(%ARTIST%)$loop(%ALBUM%)$loop(%TRACK%)%TRACK%': '%ARTIST%' - '%TITLE%', Length:'%_length% $loopend()$loopend()$loopend()

DD.20111226.1248.CET

ah ok.. got it.
thx

Heres my export settings which I use to export my playlist for my soundcloud a/c.

I used $loop(%dummy%) to sort the files as you see them in your mp3tag window.

Here's the code:

$filename(C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Desktop\Episodes with stevehero (Edition, 001) $regexp(%_date%,'(\d\d)/(\d\d)/\d\d(\d\d)','$1-$2-$3').txt,utf-8)
Episodes with stevehero (Edition, 001) $regexp(%_date%,'(\d\d)/(\d\d)/\d\d(\d\d)','$1-$2-$3') '['w/ FULL TRACK LIST']'

$loop(%dummy%)$regexp(%_counter%,'^(\d)$',0$1) - %artist% - %title% - $replace(%genre%,House Prog,Progressive House,House Electro,Electro House,House Tech,Tech House,House Deep,Deep House) - %publisher%
$loopend()
Join me next time for more of the latest Progressive, Electro + Tech House (visit http://soundcloud.com/stevehero)

And the Result:

Episodes with stevehero (Edition, 001) 10-06-12 [w/ FULL TRACK LIST]

01 - Zedd - Spectrum feat. Matthew Koma (Extended Mix) - Electro House / Vox - Interscope Records
02 - The Wanted - Chasing The Sun (Hardwell Remix) - Progressive House / Vox / Uplifting - NONE
03 - Oliver Twizt, Sando Silva, deadmau5, Cognorock, Ralvero - GaMaRaV (Well Done Mash Up) - Progressive House / Vox Dub - BOOTLEG
04 - Eva Simons - I Don't Like You (R3hab Remix) - Electro House / Vox - Interscope Records
05 - Avicii, Lenny Kravitz - Superlove (OM) - Progressive House / Vox Dub - LE7ELS/Big Beat Records
06 - Thomas Gold - Marsch Marsch (Thomas Gold 2011 Rework) - Progressive House / Ins - Axtone Records
07 - Adele - Set Fire To The Rain (Thomas Gold Remix) - Progressive House / Vox - Axtone Records
08 - Robbie Rivera, JES - Turn It Around feat. JES (Robbie Rivera's Juicy Beach Mix) - Progressive House / Vox / Uplifting - Black Hole Recordings
09 - Laidback Luke, Martel - We Are The Stars (Club Mix) - Electro House / Vox - Mixmash Records
10 - Hard Rock Sofa, Swanky Tunes - The Edge (OM) - Electro House / Ins - Wall Recordings
11 - Nicky Romero - Generation 303 (OM) - Electro House / Ins - Musical Freedom
12 - Hard Rock Sofa - Quasar (OM) - Progressive House / Ins - Axtone Records
13 - Jordy Dazz - OMG (OM) - Progressive House / Ins - Revealed Recordings
14 - Laidback Luke, Arno Cost, Norman Doray - Trilogy (Original vs. Swanky Tunes Remix) (Thomas Gold Re-Edit) - Progressive House / Vox Dub - Axtone Records
15 - Dave Silcox, Matthew LeFace, Matt Nash - King (OM) - Progressive House / Ins / Uplifting - Oxygen
16 - Cicada, Third Party - Feel (OM) - Progressive House / Vox - Size Records
17 - Yuna - Live Your Life (Jakob Liedholm & DjCarnage Remix) - Progressive House / Vox / Uplifting - NONE
18 - Ivan Gough, Feenixpawl - In My Mind feat. Georgi Kay (Axwell Mix) - Progressive House / Vox - Axtone Records
19 - Dirty South, Those Usual Suspects, Erik Hecht - Walking Alone (Arty Remix) - Progressive House / Vox Dub / Uplifting - Phazing
20 - Jordy Dazz - Bad Rule (OM) - Progressive House / Ins - Revealed Recordings
21 - Sulto - Slagsmakglubben (Jebu Remix) - Electro House / Ins - Effectz Recording
22 - Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime (Thomas Gold 2012 Rework) - Progressive House / Vox Dub - Axtone Records
23 - Autoerotique - Bring That Beat Back (Tiësto Edit) - Electro House / Ins - Musical Freedom
24 - deadmau5 - The Veldt feat. Chris James (Tommy Trash Remix) - Electro House / Vox Dub - NOT RELEASED YET
25 - Joe Garston - Forever (OM) - Electro House / Vox Dub - Plasmapool

Join me next time for more of the latest Progressive, Electro + Tech House (visit http://soundcloud.com/stevehero)