Exported HTML - Some tags not being resolved

Hello, I have an export .mte that generates some fairly complex HTML to create a library report by album. Many of the tags such as %album%, %albumartist%, %title%, %_max_counter%, etc are resolved correctly in the HTML file. However, some other tags such as %_datetime%, %total_files%, %_workingdir%, %_total_size% are not being resolved.

I have reviewed the documentation, but if an explanation exists, I have not found it. Am I missing something?

.mte file
v7tAlbum.mte (10.1 KB)

Heading portion of HTML file
	<div class="head1">
		<div class="h11">&nbsp;</div>
		<div class="h12"> 
Music Library by Album - Contents of %_workingdir%: $fmtNum(19544) Albums | %_total_size% | $fmtNum(%_total_files%) Track$ifgreater(19544,1,s,) | $get(TText)
	 	</div>
		<div class="h13"><a href="#"  onclick="w3.toggleShow(''.cmdline'');" title="Click here to show command line">Cmd</a></div>
		
</div><!-- end div head1 -->

Partial first page of rendered HTML file

I assume that I am missing something obvious and the explanation for this behavior will be user error. Should that not be the case, I will be happy to provide more comprehensive documentation.

Thank you for your assistance,
Mike

Did you made this export script by your self?

Has it ever worked with this mix of local Javascript, external libraries like http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.0.min.js, HTML stylesheets and the mp3tag variables?

AFAIC see, the problems arise in the header and footer defnition.
If you enter the statement itself, e.g.
Index generated on $left(%_datetime%,$strchr(%_datetime%, )) at $mid(%_datetime%,$strchr(%_datetime%, ),16)
then all the vriables and functions get resolved.
The header apepars twice in the output.
%_max_counter% gets also resolved but most of the other statements in the header and footer section are interpreted as literals - you also see $fmtnum() and $ifgreater(%_max_counter%,1,s,).
So it is not a problem of the variables but that for some reason the header and footer parts are igrnored.

Edit: as the code has a number of ' it would be worthwhile to check whether they really appear in pairs or whether a stray single one lurks somewhere in the code.

I checked the number of apostrohes with a simple search and replace and got an even number, not an odd one.

I just took the header part of the post and put it into a new export script and let it export a text file:

$filename(New export file.txt,utf-8)
Heading portion of HTML file
	<div class="head1">
		<div class="h11">&nbsp;</div>
		<div class="h12"> 
Music Library by Album - Contents of %_workingdir%: $fmtNum(19544) Albums | %_total_size% | $fmtNum(%_total_files%) Track$ifgreater(19544,1,s,) | $get(TText)
	 	</div>
		<div class="h13"><a href="#"  onclick="w3.toggleShow(''.cmdline'');" title="Click here to show command line">Cmd</a></div>
		
</div><!-- end div head1 -->

And this is what the output looks like:


Heading portion of HTML file
	<div class="head1">
		<div class="h11">&nbsp;</div>
		<div class="h12"> 
Music Library by Album - Contents of Music: 19.544 Albums | 17,91 MB | 1 Tracks | 
	 	</div>
		<div class="h13"><a href="#"  onclick="w3.toggleShow('.cmdline');" title="Click here to show command line">Cmd</a></div>
		
</div><!-- end div head1 -->
Which means: 
the variables and functions are resolved in this code part.
So I assume that the total script has somewhere a section that makes the header string to be treated as literal.
I do not see it as my task in this forum to do the debugging in the total script.

Edit:
I just deleted most of the version comments from the mte file and now the output looks like this (probably due to the unavailable css):
grafik

But the more important part: the header now shows resolved functions and variables.
So, please check your code.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.