exporting html question

First of all, congratulations for this awesome program! I've been using it for 2 years and I've had no problem so far. In the new version 2.27 though, my export scripts which used to work in version 2.25 won't work! I get a "syntax error" or something.

I realise that there is a new scripting way which works with loops istead of [EXPORTRECORD] but my problem is that I don't know how to sort my listings as I used to do with [EXPORTSORT].

My web site where I use the exported htmls from mp3tag is aphage.is.dreaming.org

If you click on "Title" it sorts them by title... if you click on "Genre" it sorts them by genre and if you click on "Date" it sorts them by "Date Created"

All htmls have been exported with different [EXPORTSORT] numbers.

Can you help me now do the same thing with the new version?

I attach one of those export scripts which I use. It's the one that sorts the songs by genre. If someone could modify it so that it could work with the new version would be great :wink:

Thanks in advance,
Alex

2005_Sort_By_Genre.mte (3.81 KB)

Please read /t/1568/1
You can still use the old syntax, but you need to change some special chars:
% must become %% or '%' or $char(37)
' must become ''

Alright I see why I got syntax errors and I will fix that. I have one more question though:

If I want in my old script to use the new scripting style in order to have different colour on each line of the table. How can I do that? I mean I tried to combine the new scripting commands in order to achieve that (different background colour on each line like an example I've seen in here) with my old scripting and didn't work.

Is there a way to sort things in the new scripting format like I did with the old scripting with the [EXPORTSORT] section? Or is there a way to combine the old scripting form with the new scripting commands like loop? I'm really confused on that matter!

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Look here for examples: /t/1495/1
Sorting is also possible, it has been asked before, try search function.

ok i found the answer for sorting with the new scripting style here: /t/1543/1

thanks for quick help :slight_smile:

I have just finished working on my export script which is compatible with new version of mp3tag and uses the new scripting style.

The result is here: http://aphage.djshock.net/djsets.html

What I'm trying to do is to have a different colour for each line on the table. One colour for the odd lines and another colour for the even lines.

My question is how can I get the colours right? I have to use two loops in order to sort the songs right and things get complicated for my counter!

I attach you my script file hoping you that you can suggest a smart way to overcome this problem :slight_smile:

Thanks again,
Alex

DJ_Sets.mte (3.32 KB)

Ok I think you can't solve this ATM.
If your first loop is by Artist, then the counter will start at 1 if the Artist changes.
Maybe Florian can make a %counter% place holder that does not get reset after a loop.

Yes I guess that would be the best solution. I hope that next version supports a variable which can hold a value and doesn't reset after a loop.

I'll consider adding temporary variables to the scripting language to a future release of Mp3tag.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Thanks man! Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I've added $get, $put and $puts for handling user defined variables to the latest Development Build :slight_smile:

I've posted an usage exampe here.

Best regards,
~ Florian

export

I just tried it and it works like charm! Thanks a lot! You are the man :slight_smile: