[F] Capital letters: Mismatch between fields

bug-fixed

Hi Florian,

first of all thanks once again for Mp3tag - it is one of the applications I daily use - and one of the few I really love to use! :slight_smile: - I think I have once again found a little bug concerning the handling of capital letters.

Here what you have to do to reproduce it:

1. Open a directory with MP3 files
  2. Save the same artist into the 'artist' field of every MP3 file, but insert a few variations as far as capital letters are concerned (e.g. "Die Toten Hosen", "Die toten Hosen", "Die tOten HoSen", etc.)
  3. Look at the 'artist' field on the left half of the screen: It will only report one variation, at least in my case.

I've done a screenshot to demonstrate this (see below). I use Mp3tag V.2.26 on Windows XP Professional SP2.

Regards & thanks,

petit prince

Screen shot (might not function due to anti-leech)

Hi petit prince,

do you mean the artist in the drop down list of the artist field on the left? (I can't open your screenshot here).

Best regards,
~ Florian

Screen shot.

Mozilla! :wink:

Yes, indeed. Sorry you could not see the screenshot. That's strange, because I use Firefox as well and I actually can see it. Maybe you could click-right and choose "reload image" - the image is hosted on a rather slow site, which sometimes results in a time-out by Firefox. - Thanks, Sebastian, for mirroring the file! :slight_smile:

petit prince

Well your image host blocks images if the referrer is not empty or the one from the site, that's it.
Yet, so huge images should be linked, and not included with [ img] tag, they destroy the board layout.

SongsC.zip (200 KB)

OK, my screen resolution is 1280x1024 so I didn't notice the layout distortion. I edited both posts. :slight_smile:

Any comments as far as the content of my post is concerned?

petit prince

Hello petit prince!

I can reproduce it but it's a very low priority thing on my todo-list.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi Florian,

thank you very much for your reply! I completely agree with you that this is really a minor bug. However, I thought I could contribute it to the bug list for a future Mp3tag version. :slight_smile:

I always work around it by simply wiping out once the field I want to change. This guarantees that I do not have any variations in capital letters in it.

Thank you once again,

petit prince

P.S. @ Sebastian Mares and dano: Sorry if this off-topic, but I think asking does not hurt: Do you perhaps know a provider of free webspace that does neither have these annoying anti-leach restrictions nor a file-size limit? I do not need much space, 15 megabytes would already be completely sufficiant; I just would like to have a place where I can store screenshots and such for my forum posts here (and elsewhere) ... :slight_smile:

I have posted some links in this german thread: /t/1398/1
you could also try lycos.uk

also, to beat the anti leach stuff, you can add http://anonym.to/? at the beginning of your url
example: http://anonym.to/?http://petitprince.topcities.com/bug1.jpg

Thank you, dano, for your super-fast reply, that is exactly what I have been searching for - and it is highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

petit prince

This issue should be fixed with the latest Development Build.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Great! Thank you so much, Florian! :slight_smile:

petit prince

This is what I experienced today with Mp3tag Developer Build 2.28b:

I may be blind, but is there really no difference between the two "Simon & Garfunkel" entries in the "Interpret" list? Could this somehow be related to the former bugfix of this thread above? :?

Regards

petit prince

Can you please check, if one of the entries has trailing spaces?

Regards,
~ Florian

I haven't checked it yet (+ 100 files!) but this is indeed a very probable explication! Thanks! :slight_smile:

petit prince

You can simply check it by enabling the filter via the [F3] hotkey and use \s$ as regular expression for the ARTIST field.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Thank you, that was it! - There was indeed one file that contained more than one space key at the end of the artist field. So no bug indeed. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Regards,

petit prince