[F] Corruption on non-ASCII characters in WAV tag

UPDATED.

Thanks Florian for adding WAV support, but...

I find that a WAV file with a tag field created with GoldWave and having non-ASCII character displays fine in Windows 7 Explorer, but in Mp3tag displays truncated e.g.

It displays fine in dBpowerAmp too http://i.imgur.com/85KgTno.png .

Such a tag created in Mp3tag works fine, but presumably that's because Mp3tag is storing in a different format - INAM + ID3.

Here's the binary:

This isn't just display. Export shows the corruption. I'd guess all Mp3tag operations suffer.

This failure doesn't happen when the format is WMA and MP3.

Thoughts?

Florian, do you plan to fix this?

Can you please upload a small file which exemplifies this issue?

Kind regards
– Florian

Sure - attached is the failing .WAV from the example I gave. Thanks.

2_Untitled1_save_by_GW_6.30___title_truncated_in_Mp3tag.wav (176 KB)

Thanks all for the example file. I've fixed the issue with the latest Development Build Mp3tag v2.83i.

Kind regards
– Florian

Thanks. I confirm that instance is fixed.

And others too. http://i.imgur.com/je4lbFn.png

But I've found other issues with this version tagging WAV.

  1. Some tags missing http://i.imgur.com/P2u3aX0.png . I have not yet reliably reproduced this.

  2. Some files taking tag from a different file! http://i.imgur.com/rUfJbEL.png I have not yet reliably reproduced this.

  3. Tags unreadable in MediaMonkey V4.1.3.1708 . Reported here /t/19238/1 .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.