I use mp3tag in an intranet so I am behind a proxy.
I am unable to connect to freedb server using the web search!!!
I have been getting this error for a long time,
whereas previously older releses worked perfectly fine.
Now I discovered that it happens only if you click directly on the button in toolbar
if I click on the arrow next the button and I choose freedb everything works fine.
Hello Fra Diavolo,
I had a look at the sources and noticed, that it's very unlikely that you get different results by choosing the button directly or choosing the menu item, because both options are using the same code.
Can you please check the timeout value at Options > freedb > Server and increase it to 5 seconds.
This might solve your problems.
Please try the latest Development Build. I've made some changes to the proxy handling.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.