[F] Exporting Tags To Text

Hello Florian,

There is a bug relating to the export of tags into text files.

The bug only seems to occur on albums with 8 or less mp3 files. Exporting 9 or more doesn't produce this strange behaviour.

This is what happens: The first track gets appended to the bottom of the list, so when you import the file back as tags, well, you know know what happens.

Rammstein - Das Modell - Kokain - 2/3 - 1997 - Metal -
Rammstein - Das Modell - Alter Mann [Special Version] - 3/3 - 1997 - Metal -
Rammstein - Das Modell - Das Modell - 1/3 - 1997 - Metal -

Hope this helps. Mp3tag is still the best tagger on earth.

QUOTE (Nighted @ Oct 20 2006, 10:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please show us your export script which produce the behaviour you've described.

It's the default script that comes with Mp3tag.

It looks like this:

$filename(txt)$loop(%_path%)%artist% - %album% - %title% - %track% - %year% - %genre% - %comment%

It seems to be the same problem like "Falsche Reihenfolge beim txt-Export" /t/3705/1


Well, this is a default template with the program. I think it should be fixed by default, not by the end user.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that out.

I'm not sure if this is a bug at all. The export configuration simply sorts the files by the full file path.

Best regards,

I can reproduce this behavior every time. It doesn't make sense, but it happens.

I can reproduce it now and will fix it to the next release.

Thanks for reporting!

Thanks Florian. One other thing related to this topic. I modified the export template. Now I can export/write a template but can no longer import it back as tags. I'm totally confused now!!! :flushed:

Just show me the template and I show you the format string :slight_smile:

This it what I'm using right now as I rarely use the comments field:

$filename(txt)$loop(%_path%)%artist% - %album% - %title% - %track% - %year% - %genre%

Thanks Florian :sunglasses:

Okay, then you just have to use this format string to import it back to your files %artist% - %album% - %title% - %track% - %year% - %genre%
Hope that helps!

That's what I've been using Florian. It only stopped working after I reported this bug and then tried changing the template myself. I changed it back to the default template and now it exports to text, but will not import back as tags. Very strange indeed.....

Here is a video that shows it happening.

Seems like your using double-spaces as separator in your format string instead of the single-space in the text file.

A video says more than 1000 words :wink:


Thanks Florian, I didn't even notice that! heheh

Must have been my clipboard or something. :rolleyes:

This bug has been fixed with Mp3tag v2.37.

Thanks for reporting!

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.