[F] Exporting Tags To Text

Hello Florian,

There is a bug relating to the export of tags into text files.

The bug only seems to occur on albums with 8 or less mp3 files. Exporting 9 or more doesn't produce this strange behaviour.

This is what happens: The first track gets appended to the bottom of the list, so when you import the file back as tags, well, you know know what happens.

Rammstein - Das Modell - Kokain - 2/3 - 1997 - Metal -
Rammstein - Das Modell - Alter Mann [Special Version] - 3/3 - 1997 - Metal -
Rammstein - Das Modell - Das Modell - 1/3 - 1997 - Metal -

Hope this helps. Mp3tag is still the best tagger on earth.

QUOTE (Nighted @ Oct 20 2006, 10:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please show us your export script which produce the behaviour you've described.

It's the default script that comes with Mp3tag.

It looks like this:

$filename(txt)$loop(%_path%)%artist% - %album% - %title% - %track% - %year% - %genre% - %comment%
$loopend()

It seems to be the same problem like "Falsche Reihenfolge beim txt-Export" /t/3705/1

DD.20061020.1548

Well, this is a default template with the program. I think it should be fixed by default, not by the end user.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that out.

I'm not sure if this is a bug at all. The export configuration simply sorts the files by the full file path.

Best regards,
Florian

I can reproduce this behavior every time. It doesn't make sense, but it happens.

I can reproduce it now and will fix it to the next release.

Thanks for reporting!

Thanks Florian. One other thing related to this topic. I modified the export template. Now I can export/write a template but can no longer import it back as tags. I'm totally confused now!!! :flushed:

Just show me the template and I show you the format string :slight_smile:

This it what I'm using right now as I rarely use the comments field:

$filename(txt)$loop(%_path%)%artist% - %album% - %title% - %track% - %year% - %genre%
$loopend()

Thanks Florian :sunglasses:

Okay, then you just have to use this format string to import it back to your files %artist% - %album% - %title% - %track% - %year% - %genre%
Hope that helps!
Florian

That's what I've been using Florian. It only stopped working after I reported this bug and then tried changing the template myself. I changed it back to the default template and now it exports to text, but will not import back as tags. Very strange indeed.....

Here is a video that shows it happening.

Seems like your using double-spaces as separator in your format string instead of the single-space in the text file.

A video says more than 1000 words :wink:

Cheers,
Florian

Thanks Florian, I didn't even notice that! heheh

Must have been my clipboard or something. :rolleyes:

This bug has been fixed with Mp3tag v2.37.

Thanks for reporting!

Best regards,
Florian

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.