[F] Help files gone in v2.35 ?

bug-fixed

Just upgraded from 2.34 to 2.35, and the help files seem to have gone. If I try to select Help - Contents from the main menu, my browser opens two windows:

(1) file:///C:/Program

and

(2) http://whyfiles.org/

It would be nice to get them back! I should say that the help files are present on my disc, I can hunt them down and open them with my browser, its just that the buttons from mp3tag aren't working.

Running on WinXP SP2.

Ceejay

[X] Help file not working in Avant Browser

What browser are you using?

the bug shows up in firefox 1.5, which is my default browser.

I can reproduce this on an english Windows installation and will fix this to the next release. I wish someone would have noticed that in one of the Development Builds.

Thanks for reporting!

Best regards,
~ Florian

I have to admit - I open the help files in Firefox using bookmarks, I rarely open them from within the application itself.

I understand how annoying these type of bugs can be and would like to help. Do you have a set of 'test cases' that you usually run to certify a build? I always grab the latest dev build and would have no problem running through some of the cases and reporting my findings.

No, I don't have a defined set of GUI test cases (unit tests for core classes are running almost all the time :wink:).

I usually test all the stuff which might be affected by the changes I've made. Most changes are included in the changelog, so interested users can test these new features/changes. It would be great, if you can test these new features and report problems with them on the forums (I think you're already doing this :slight_smile:).

Internal minor changes (like in this case) are not mentioned at the changlog.

Best regards,
~ Florian

This bug should be fixed with the latest Development Build.

Best regards,
~ Florian